mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Crosier Mountain trail today

Here are a few pics from our ride today on Crosier Mountain (just west of Loveland) The trail starts out very hard esp. on a SS for about the first mile and then settles in to a nice climb.

Had to ad one of my B/S

There is a short hike to the summit that is well worth the effort. Great views of Estes valley and RMNP

pain intolerant
    Apr 2006
    Sweet pics!
    I've only ridden Crosier once, but definitely need to get up there this summer. I recall there being a few ways to ride it. Where did you park and which direction did you ride?

slow
    Nice shots. I really like the fourth one. Looks like the trail is in great shape. Going to have to get up there soon. Hope you didn't get any lightning / storms.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    We started @ the middle trailhead (gravel pit) and came down the same way. I think next time I'll park@ the gravel pit and ride the road up to Glen Haven trailhead. We were lucky the weather was great, only a few lite showers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by volkstech
    We started @ the middle trailhead (gravel pit) and came down the same way. I think next time I'll park@ the gravel pit and ride the road up to Glen Haven trailhead. We were lucky the weather was great, only a few lite showers.

Is this trail really only 4 miles or does it connect to something else? Looks fun just wondering on the mileage.
    Ride Fast, Take Chances!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    The way we road it, it was 4 miles one way and I would guess about 2,000' elevation gain. I think the hole trail is 7.5-8 miles long but you would have to ride the road to make a loop.

ride
    Great photos. Crosier has held a special place in my heart since I first rode there. I haven't hit middle Crosier in a long time - I need to get back to check that out. I had it in my mind that it was a ton of hiking but that's looking great. The Lovelanders have it the best for this one. I think parking at Garden Gate, riding up the road to the stables in Glen Haven on the road then back on the trail would be my favorite route.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

holding back the darkness
    The trouble with Crosier is that once to the top you are faced with 3 choose-your-own-adventure options for downhill goodness.
    But you only get to ride one of them.
    I usually ride out of the middle lot. Keeps my options open and is the best climbing option (IMHO).
    **** censorship

Chronic 1st-timer
    those views look kinda familiar....hmmm
    22 Going on 23

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lubes17319
    those views look kinda familiar....hmmm
    I noticed only after posting this thread that Dave's ride was up on crosier as well. I wanted to make that ride yesteday but could not get out.

mtbr member
    Looks like a nice ride!