mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Crime continuing at Pueblo

As others have reported in this forum, someone is smashing car windows and stealing from parked cars at the red gate location we bikers use to avoid the state park fee. Yesterday I was the latest victim, after 6 rides there since the new year. Nothing of value was taken except a workout bag containing a lock and sweaty socks, so the swine may now be dying a toxic death somewhere. Good riddance! I am out $150 to replace a window and I will be parking IN the state park from now on. You have been warned! I have contacted the lethargic Pueblo police; we'll see.
    Other items: the access to Voodoo is utterly submerged as of Saturday, Feb 16. You won't get across without swimming with your steed. I put an X across the trail but people I met ignored it and got the mud experience of a lifetime down in the canyon bottom. Wait for the reroute or the lake to fall; the trail is getting wiped out by riders who just have to get muddy to believe the word.
    Met and helped several groups with flats and torn tires. Sealant is a good idea for this area at all times. Peace on dirt!
    Hey Grizz Attack! See you out at Buffalo Creek in a few weeks, I hope.

mtbr member
    wow i am lucky as hell as I had my iPod, my iPhone and my wallet in my car. State Park for me from now on as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Read the thread Ozzie put out about VooDoo reroute. Please don't try to reroute it yourselves. The plans are already in the works according to him. The water is VERY HIGH right now and not soon to go down; hence the reroute. Oh yeah, we've been saying for months now to park in the park. Sorry to hear about the break-in. There's always those bad apples wherevever you go.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I parked in the park yesterday. Glad I did. From Ozzie's post the other day, I'm happy to give $6 to the park if some of it goes to the trail maintenance and such.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I totally agree. I think I am going to spend the 60 dollars for a year pass.

mtbr member

red gate worries

Blazing, man I can’t believe that happened to you! I am really sorry to hear that. Thugs. And thanks for stopping and letting me use your duct tape, without that, I might have had to cut my ride short (no pun intended) although, later on, I wondered if my wrapper from my balance bar would have temporarily remedied my sliced sidewall. I think your tape was the better choice and a small roll is now standard issue in my bag, thanks again... You know how ole saying goes, if you cant duct it.....

I guess your incident could have been much worse, still sucks though... I take it that was a long, noisy and chilly ride back to the Springs. All of this makes me wonder about the long term validity of the red gate access (i.e. why is it even an optional place to park?).