Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Crazy Idea...

eci

A Crazy Idea...

Ok so Grant and i were talking last nite at the sk8park about land and such, you can get great deals on land up in Idaho Springs. Like 18,500 for 5 acres and 2x,xxx for 13 acres, no of course we'd have to go walk the property to check it out but.

Who'd be interested in going in together and buying land??? This is an interest check, you can say yes now and back out. Just trying to get a feel for things.

We'd make the property a "Club" where there was a buy in then say $100 in dues each year. Of course we'd be doing this for non profit and all the money would go back into the land to cut trails, build stuff.

Just wondering if anyone else would be interested in doin this. If i wasnt working building a house right now id be jumping all over this and having a piece of property for fun.

Thanks

mtbr member
    I think the best way to go about this is that the land could be purchased by a company that is formed and designated as the owner, and the people who put in money would have a corresponding percentage of ownership. This way also if, god forbid, someone attempts to sue for getting hurt or whatever, the owners' personal property could be insulated from lawsuits.

mtbr member
    This could potentially give some sort of tax break to any owners/purchasers of land as well.

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper80202
    I think the best way to go about this is that the land could be purchased by a company that is formed and designated as the owner, and the people who put in money would have a corresponding percentage of ownership. This way also if, god forbid, someone attempts to sue for getting hurt or whatever, the owners' personal property could be insulated from lawsuits.
    Haha, yeah i was thinking about that. I figured id check for interest before getting into any of that legal mumbo jumbo. I wish i had 20k i could just put twoards land, theres some sweet deals up in the mtns.

locked - time out
    The property would be owned by a trust? That sounds like the most reasonable approach.

mtbr member
    Cool - how would that work?

locked - time out
    Cool - how would that work?
    Not sure exactly, I am sure that somebody here has experience with such things though. I believe that there are lawyers who deal with this sort of thing in particular.

mtbr member
    Right on. Well anyway, I'd be down for some piece of it however it would get done.

mtbr member
    I'm in the process of looking for land just for that purpose. But I'm looking up in the Fort Collins area, where I live. Mainly so that I don't have to drive to the resorts to get some downhill/freeriding riding in. I've been looking at 40 arces of hill side property for around $50K. But, I would be interested in going in on the company/club owned land if the commute was not too far.

mtbr member
    I actually think anything along the front range / I-70 corridor would be supah - sweet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Get in touch with dreamforest? I am sure you could work something out since he already has the land and legal done. If you want more autonomy go for it, but becoming a lifetime member at dreamforest may be alot easier and cheaper.

dreamforest- hope I am not saying anything incorrect.

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiMana
    Get in touch with dreamforest? I am sure you could work something out since he already has the land and legal done. If you want more autonomy go for it, but becoming a lifetime member at dreamforest may be alot easier and cheaper.

dreamforest- hope I am not saying anything incorrect.
    Def gonna help out mark with building and such. His property will be a pay per use type deal that he will own.

Our thought would be a private thing, only members could go there and ride. That way it wouldnt be super high traffic and it could also turn into an investment property down the road. If 20 people go in it together and pay the same amount each person would have a 5% stake in it. If its sold down the road each person would get 5% of the final value.

Its just an idea i am throwing out to see if anyones interested. If i had 20k sitting around i would have a new play park

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    Def gonna help out mark with building and such. His property will be a pay per use type deal that he will own.

Our thought would be a private thing, only members could go there and ride. That way it wouldnt be super high traffic and it could also turn into an investment property down the road. If 20 people go in it together and pay the same amount each person would have a 5% stake in it. If its sold down the road each person would get 5% of the final value.

Its just an idea i am throwing out to see if anyones interested. If i had 20k sitting around i would have a new play park
    Todd I'm in. Although my financial capabilities are a mockery of the idea I'll do what I can. BTW, you want to go boarding this weekend?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

eci
    The main reason i am bringing this all up is that the stunts that i have on my land will prolly have to go bye bye... Due to homeowners insurance. But we will see

Cynical Bystander
    The main reason i am bringing this all up is that the stunts that i have on my land will prolly have to go bye bye... Due to homeowners insurance. But we will see
    Will they really!!!! That sucks dude. We should definitely do this then, even if its a few acres, as long as its got a bit of a slope and lots of trees it'll work out. Plus we can stick a mini dh run in with some extremely tech rock gardens, as well as some djs too.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
    just as tony said, my financial support would be minimal, but i'd definately be up for putting my building skills, time, and a few bucks in. i need someplace to build things to huck off of. it would be so sweet. even though it got torn downand everybody got pissed at me for my other post on it, i definately have the ability to build whatever, pretty sturdy stuff.and i love to do it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stand back

well then

We'll have to try to get our fill of 'em before they go. I've really only ridden the big drops, anxious to see how the flow line came out. What's the house building time line?
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    We'll have to try to get our fill of 'em before they go. I've really only ridden the big drops, anxious to see how the flow line came out. What's the house building time line?
    Also, when's it going to be thawing up up there?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

eci
    I plan on keeping everything in tact for 10 months, the house will prolly be finished come December. Thats when the home insurance ppl will have to do the walk through. I am going to do some research and see what is able to stay/not. From the information i have been given you can be denied insurance for having a trampoline in your front yard. And i have a small feeling a 8" drop is a lil more dangerous than a trampoline

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsebike1
    just as tony said, my financial support would be minimal, but i'd definately be up for putting my building skills, time, and a few bucks in. i need someplace to build things to huck off of. it would be so sweet. even though it got torn downand everybody got pissed at me for my other post on it, i definately have the ability to build whatever, pretty sturdy stuff.and i love to do it
    Corbin here's whats up at snowskilz's land now, that we made last summer.

I think this pic gives a better angle of its size. It's like 8-9 feet and fun as hell.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
    well, if snowskilz wouldn't mind, i would love to go for a ride soon especially if we could do the ladders that tony put the pics up of. if that would be ok. i'm totally a sucker for ladders and would love to do those when they thaw. also it would be cool to put some faces to the names.

snowskilz, send me a PM if you would want to go for the group ride. also i'm goingto go to vail the 12th and the 13th.so maybe we could get a group there.

but if you don't want to have the ladders exposed to to people that you don't know (i.e. me) that's cool to. i would understand.

i'd love to help build too.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsebike1
    well, if snowskilz wouldn't mind, i would love to go for a ride soon especially if we could do the ladders that tony put the pics up of. if that would be ok. i'm totally a sucker for ladders and would love to do those when they thaw. also it would be cool to put some faces to the names.

snowskilz, send me a PM if you would want to go for the group ride. also i'm goingto go to vail the 12th and the 13th.so maybe we could get a group there.

but if you don't want to have the ladders exposed to to people that you don't know (i.e. me) that's cool to. i would understand.

i'd love to help build too.
    Corbin they're covered in snow and will be probably for another few months.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Corbin they're covered in snow and will be probably for another few months.
    yeah, 2 feet of frikin snow

Cynical Bystander
    yeah, 2 feet of frikin snow
    Todd are you busy this weekend? I want to go snowboarding but I dont' think my dad will be able to go up. I'm not sure...
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Todd are you busy this weekend? I want to go snowboarding but I dont' think my dad will be able to go up. I'm not sure...
    Gotta work til tues then i have a week off

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast