mtbr member

Coyote Ridge TH - BREAK IN

Folks -

Just got the call from my wife that somebody smashed the drivers side window in our VW van this morning in the Coyote Ridge parking lot and stole her purse/wallet while she was up riding. Broad daylight (between 9 and 11 AM) on a Tuesday and with several other cars in the lot. Bummer!

So...
    1. Think twice about leaving any valuables in your car.
    2. If anybody was in the area about this time (3/25, 9 - 11 am) and saw anything fishy shoot me a PM. And
    3. If anybody is riding out there along the road keep an eye out for a purple/brown handbag as I guessing the scumbag thieves will ditch it somewhere and it'd be super nice to have some of the non-cash stuff back (keys, pictures, etc).

baaaastards!

*sigh*
    dino

slow
    Thanks for the warning. Will try to ride to the trail heads when possible.

mtbr member
    good grief. im never leaving anything valuable in my car at the trailhead again. ive been leaving my wallet and iphone in there, but no more

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    People suck... Same thing has happened at Chimney Gulch, Falcon & WR over the past couple years. They sit in their cars & wait till you ride off. I'll stick my $ & phone in my Camelback when I have to.

Rolling
    I always take my phone and wallet on rides. I was ridding Chimney Gulch once and saw the police at the middle lot with all three cars having broken windows.

I almost feel like leaving my car unlocked cuz they are going to break the window whether they score or not. Makes me consider putting a note on the window saying,

"Save your time, I took my valuables with me and my CD music sucks."

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    "Save your time, I took my valuables with me and my CD music sucks."
    By far the best theft deterrent EVER.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

jl
    climb
    that S U C K S ! ! !

I hope this guy gets caught...

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hmmmmmmmm....

"Oldfart from Wayback"

Climbers cars have been broken into at Horsetooth lately also

Near Duncan's Ridge (a couple mi. N of Coyote Ridge)

From Front Range Bouldering.com

"Break-ins at Horsetooth Reservoir"
    Posted on February 19, 2008 at 12:33:51 PM by Cam

Hi All,

I just met with a ranger for the City of Fort Collins and he wanted me to let the climbing community know that there have been a few break-ins lately at Horsetooth Reservoir climbing areas.

On Friday at least one car was broken into (someone smashed a side window) at the Piano Boulders/Duncan's Ridge parking area. The break-in happened during daylight hours in the afternoon. Apparently a purse, credit cards, ID, etc were stolen.

If you climb at either the Piano Boulders or Duncan's Ridge, please be aware and don't leave valuables in your car.

**If you see a break-in in progress, you should call 911.

**To report a break-in or related issue, call the Larimer County Sheriff's department non-emergency assistance line at (970)416-1985.

Thread Terrorist
    Well, all these threads have made me take my wallet, phone, and beer with me on my ride. Gawd, i'd be really pissed if they took my post-ride-parkinglot/TH beer.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park