Card Carrying Member

Coupla panos from today

Spun around the Dakota M/W area today. Riding tomorrow, but don't know where yet, maybe Apex. ???
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

where is that?

that first pic is great, where is the dakota MW (what's MW?)?

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildman
    that first pic is great, where is the dakota MW (what's MW?)?
    Thanks.

Dakota Ridge is in Morrison, just below Golden and MW is the Matthew Winters trail system there in the same area. Good weekday ride.

Perpetually single track
    Only posers ride Dakota Ridge Matthew Winters in Golden, Co.

(Yes wildman, you're welcome).
    http://content.mtbr.com/pscTrails/Un...0_4533crx.aspx

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    Uh, hello... it's poseur.

Perpetually single track
    What? Are you French now? Out in Caly where we got Freedom Fries it's poser.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    still wanta' ride today? i'm up for wherever. back from a week of eating mass quantities of good food in boston/maine. i won't exactly be too fast either. what time you wanting to be on trail? i'm free to ride most of tomorrow as well.

dave

buuuuurp.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    still wanta' ride today? i'm up for wherever. back from a week of eating mass quantities of good food in boston/maine. i won't exactly be too fast either. what time you wanting to be on trail? i'm free to ride most of tomorrow as well.

dave

buuuuurp.
    I kinda woke up feeling like a day off, but I'd be down for something easy... Hall maybe?

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    I kinda woke up feeling like a day off, but I'd be down for something easy... Hall maybe?

that'd work. i haven't ridden at all in a week and a half. ease me back into it, for something longer tomorow.

do i look fat in these shorts? ignore me if i ask you that.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    that'd work. i haven't ridden at all in a week and a half. ease me back into it, for something longer tomorow.

do i look fat in these shorts? ignore me if i ask you that.
    hehe

What time and where? I can be ready to leave in as little as 15 minutes, but I don't have to be back in town until 2:30ish.

cant find your number in my phone... 3038183775

locked - time out
    Doesn't sound like it's going to work out for you guys, but I was planning to hit either Lair o' the Bear or Dakota M/W (brought my nicest outfit - so I could stand around and look cool in the parking lot if I do the later) this afternoon - 4:30 or so.

locked - time out
    Oh - and thanks for the pics KW, that's pretty crazy that twice now you have taken riding pics AND posted them in the same week - nudge, nudge...

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    or Dakota M/W (brought my nicest outfit - so I could stand around and look cool in the parking lot if I do the later) this afternoon - 4:30 or so.
    That's popular there... and White

There were a couple 'team gear' guys there yesterday. I thought they were going to be hammerheads, so I farted around enough to be behind them so I wouldn't be pressured to play rabbit. Then they started the first climb up Dakata and I realized they were overdressed for the party.

locked - time out
    That's popular there... and White

There were a couple 'team gear' guys there yesterday. I thought they were going to be hammerheads, so I farted around enough to be behind them so I wouldn't be pressured to play rabbit. Then they started the first climb up Dakata and I realized they were overdressed for the party.
    I'll wait around for those types to start their rides, but it's usually just because it gives me a perverse sense of satisfaction to pass them on my 38lb pig. I've come to believe that most of the time, there is an inverse relationship between how fast you look, and how fast you ride.

Perpetually single track
    Being unemployed really helps with his turn around, unless you count baby sitter/bike instructor extradoirdinaire (sp)....

oh yeah, nice pics KW...you got full sizes of those, or is that as big as they get?

Card Carrying Member
    Being unemployed really helps with his turn around, unless you count baby sitter/bike instructor extradoirdinaire (sp)....

oh yeah, nice pics KW...you got full sizes of those, or is that as big as they get?
    Unemployed... that makes it sound like I'm looking for a job. That's not something I'm prepared to do for a while, unless it's a partime gig to help pay for skooool.

I do have LARGE ones of those, but they're [SIZE=6]LARGE[/SIZE]. I'll get em up later when I have some bandwidth freed up.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Spun around the Dakota M/W area today. Riding tomorrow, but don't know where yet, maybe Apex. ???
    Cool pics, I'll have to check out those trails soon. Here is a pano I took from the Overlook point at Heil Valley Ranch yesterday on my after work ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

ooh! need new bike first

(Yes wildman, you're welcome).
    http://content.mtbr.com/pscTrails/Un...0_4533crx.aspx
    judging by your link, im gonna need my new bike first!

but im up for anything as soon as i get it!

thanks for the invite

ps, by poser, does that mean i have to wear all the fancy colored shirts and shorts and matching shoes??

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    I'll wait around for those types to start their rides, but it's usually just because it gives me a perverse sense of satisfaction to pass them on my 38lb pig. I've come to believe that most of the time, there is an inverse relationship between how fast you look, and how fast you ride.
    Exactly. I'm not saying good gear is wrong, but if you're in a team kit, you better be faster than my slow-ass or I'm going to poke fun at you on the internet.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    Cool pics, I'll have to check out those trails soon. Here is a pano I took from the Overlook point at Heil Valley Ranch yesterday on my after work ride.

What did you think of Heil Valley jdub? If you guys find out any more info on Sourdough and its conditions, keep me informed. I wouldn't mind trying to hit it one last time before winter

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildman
    judging by your link, im gonna need my new bike first!
    I think the trail description is a wee bit extreme on that link. hehe

"Trail Info
    Steep, deadly, piss-in-yer-pants material. Singletrack, humongous climbs, and extremly technical riding."

Morrison Slide is a beotch of a climb though and has gotten pretty techy in a couple spots.

Perpetually single track
    I've seen people on fully rigids ride/clean it. You'll be fine. You must wear pink to ride it though. If you don't like techy stuff, just don't do the ridge part. Plenty of goods at MW still (still some techy on the loop).

Card Carrying Member
    You must wear pink to ride it though.
    Or ride a pink bike.

oh, and we're tied....

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Biff n Bonk
    What did you think of Heil Valley jdub? If you guys find out any more info on Sourdough and its conditions, keep me informed. I wouldn't mind trying to hit it one last time before winter
    I like Heil quite a bit. Any trail with tons of rocks is pretty good to me. I wish I had more time as I would have like to have done a couple loops around the Ponderosa trail, but it was getting pretty late so we just did an up and down.

Still getting used to climbing for several continuous miles before flattening out, but its getting easier. I rode with a coworker and I had to stop 2 or 3 times to rest briefly, but I was climbing better than I had been so maybe I'm starting to get used to it.

Virus
    Wow, I haven't stopped by for quite some time, but I'm glad I did. K-Ware, those shots are nice. The first one is uber-cool.
    [Insert witty signature here]