Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Coupla panos from today

999 views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Spaz 
#1 ·
Spun around the Dakota M/W area today. Riding tomorrow, but don't know where yet, maybe Apex. ???

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
still wanta' ride today? i'm up for wherever. back from a week of eating mass quantities of good food in boston/maine. i won't exactly be too fast either. what time you wanting to be on trail? i'm free to ride most of tomorrow as well.

dave

buuuuurp.

#8 ·
scrublover said:
still wanta' ride today? i'm up for wherever. back from a week of eating mass quantities of good food in boston/maine. i won't exactly be too fast either. what time you wanting to be on trail? i'm free to ride most of tomorrow as well.

dave

buuuuurp.
I kinda woke up feeling like a day off, but I'd be down for something easy... Hall maybe?

#10 ·
scrublover said:
that'd work. i haven't ridden at all in a week and a half. ease me back into it, for something longer tomorow.

do i look fat in these shorts? ignore me if i ask you that.
hehe

What time and where? I can be ready to leave in as little as 15 minutes, but I don't have to be back in town until 2:30ish.

cant find your number in my phone... 3038183775

#11 ·
Doesn't sound like it's going to work out for you guys, but I was planning to hit either Lair o' the Bear or Dakota M/W (brought my nicest outfit - so I could stand around and look cool in the parking lot if I do the later) this afternoon - 4:30 or so.

#13 ·
s1ngletrack said:
or Dakota M/W (brought my nicest outfit - so I could stand around and look cool in the parking lot if I do the later) this afternoon - 4:30 or so.
That's popular there... and White

There were a couple 'team gear' guys there yesterday. I thought they were going to be hammerheads, so I farted around enough to be behind them so I wouldn't be pressured to play rabbit. Then they started the first climb up Dakata and I realized they were overdressed for the party.

#14 ·
kitchenware said:
That's popular there... and White

There were a couple 'team gear' guys there yesterday. I thought they were going to be hammerheads, so I farted around enough to be behind them so I wouldn't be pressured to play rabbit. Then they started the first climb up Dakata and I realized they were overdressed for the party.
I'll wait around for those types to start their rides, but it's usually just because it gives me a perverse sense of satisfaction to pass them on my 38lb pig. I've come to believe that most of the time, there is an inverse relationship between how fast you look, and how fast you ride.

#15 ·
Being unemployed really helps with his turn around, unless you count baby sitter/bike instructor extradoirdinaire (sp)....

oh yeah, nice pics KW...you got full sizes of those, or is that as big as they get?

#16 ·
ibmkidIII said:
Being unemployed really helps with his turn around, unless you count baby sitter/bike instructor extradoirdinaire (sp)....

oh yeah, nice pics KW...you got full sizes of those, or is that as big as they get?
Unemployed... that makes it sound like I'm looking for a job. That's not something I'm prepared to do for a while, unless it's a partime gig to help pay for skooool. :cool:

I do have LARGE ones of those, but they're LARGE. I'll get em up later when I have some bandwidth freed up.

#18 ·
#19 ·
s1ngletrack said:
I'll wait around for those types to start their rides, but it's usually just because it gives me a perverse sense of satisfaction to pass them on my 38lb pig. I've come to believe that most of the time, there is an inverse relationship between how fast you look, and how fast you ride.
Exactly. I'm not saying good gear is wrong, but if you're in a team kit, you better be faster than my slow-ass or I'm going to poke fun at you on the internet. ;)

#21 ·
wildman said:
judging by your link, im gonna need my new bike first! :eek:
I think the trail description is a wee bit extreme on that link. hehe

"Trail Info
Steep, deadly, piss-in-yer-pants material. Singletrack, humongous climbs, and extremly technical riding."

Morrison Slide is a beotch of a climb though and has gotten pretty techy in a couple spots.

#22 ·
I've seen people on fully rigids ride/clean it. You'll be fine. You must wear pink to ride it though. If you don't like techy stuff, just don't do the ridge part. Plenty of goods at MW still (still some techy on the loop).

#24 ·
Biff n Bonk said:
What did you think of Heil Valley jdub? If you guys find out any more info on Sourdough and its conditions, keep me informed. I wouldn't mind trying to hit it one last time before winter
I like Heil quite a bit. Any trail with tons of rocks is pretty good to me. I wish I had more time as I would have like to have done a couple loops around the Ponderosa trail, but it was getting pretty late so we just did an up and down.

Still getting used to climbing for several continuous miles before flattening out, but its getting easier. I rode with a coworker and I had to stop 2 or 3 times to rest briefly, but I was climbing better than I had been so maybe I'm starting to get used to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.