Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Goat Head

COS Wednesday Night Ride 1/9/13

I'm going to throw this out there with the strong possibility of it getting shot down immediately, but how about Falcon Trail this coming Wednesday?

There is another thread in the Front Range section about Falcon conditions and the word is positive. Temps this week are warmer and the long range forecast is encouraging.

From Criterium, the lolly-pop loop is 25 miles. We can start at the Woodman parking lot and shave about 3 miles.

Naturally, I won't be butt-hurt if I hear a bunch of nays.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails COS Wednesday Night Ride 1/9/13-capture.jpg  

mtbr member
    Just make sure you have someone with an ID. All those lights floating through the woods are sure to attract attention!
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

I'm with stupid
    I vote a nah on this trail due to just the "legal" things that are not allowed with a night time loop (trail closes at dark, without a actual event planed threw the security forces and 10th ABW event planning) and accessing the trail the way you had mentioned.

On another note, I'm game with pretty much anything else. The plan left over from last weeks thread was to ride section 16 this week. However I rode it today and will have to take back that request unless it is a out and back on palme trailr. There is a bunch packed snow on the trail still that I have a feeling is going to turn to ice this week with the 45+ degree temps we are going to get this week.

I think I can.

Sound like a good week to head north

May I suggest we bring the squishy bikes and ride stoopid trail and other parts of Mount Herman.

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    So falcon trail is closed after dark? That sounds fun!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TitusCO View Post
    So falcon trail is closed after dark? That sounds fun!!
    Poaching a trail might be fun, but poaching one on federal property with a trained, armed security force trained in anti-terrorism/force protection might not be so much fun!

And lights floating through the woods, near family housing and the cadet area...nahhhh, that won't attract any attention from those 19 year old kids with M-16s!
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

I'm with stupid
    Mo Town sounds fun, sadly Im waiting on bearings and bolts for my cannondale that blew up on mt the other day so I shall be on the HT till those come in.

Goat Head
    I'm giving my own suggestion the "nay". I used to do night rides there all the time, but they were always with daylight for at least the first half and never more than six people. Starting in the dark with potentially several folks might get us some unwanted attention.

I'd be down for sec 16 or Monument..with a slight leaning towards M.

For a far future Wednesday...Pueblo? Just planting a seed...

the Chain Guy
    I'm up for either place. If Monument would be less icy I vote for that.

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingRelatedToBiking View Post
    For a far future Wednesday...Pueblo? Just planting a seed...
    Pueblo would work for a Saturday or Sunday. I don't think I could make that on a Wednesday.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    I'm out this week. J flyes home tomorrow night late so Wednesday will be my first chance to see her. Have fun!

mtbr member
    Monument be cool then hit the epic Mexican restaurant afterwards booyah!!!

I'm with stupid
    So mot town at 6 then?

Goat Head
    Fine choice sirs. I have seats and bike trays for three more people. I DO plan on sticking around to drink a tasty margarita and eat some marginal Mexican food though. I don't mind picking up/dropping off at homes for a small fee (beer).

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Im excited.. not sure if Ive ever ridden this before..

On a side note, Im gonna ride tomorrow (tuesday) at about 415ish... Id like to do falcon since we would start in daylight. Can anyone do that?

Candlestick Maker
    I rode a lot of the Monument Preserve yesterday and conditions were quite excellent, with mostly packed snow. Very little ice, but each warm day / cold night cycle is producing more. I also rode up to the top of Stoopid and took a look. There is a decent amount of snow and some fairly fresh mountain bike tracks. Someone had been brave enough to hit Stoopid, maybe on Saturday.

I'd love to meet up for Wednesday's ride. I'll have to see if I can talk my wife into getting back from work early enough for me to join in the festivities.
    baker

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TitusCO View Post
    Im excited.. not sure if Ive ever ridden this before..

On a side note, Im gonna ride tomorrow (tuesday) at about 415ish... Id like to do falcon since we would start in daylight. Can anyone do that?
    PM when/where you are starting. As of now I have to be back in downtown C/S about 6, but I might be able to fit in a quick loop.

mtbr member
    I am in, I plan to catch a ride up and ride home after a little Mexican, if any one like to join. I have missed you guys!

I think I can.

Sorry guys

I am out, got the flu and its kicking my butt, hope to see you all next week.

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

the Chain Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO View Post
    Yuck, sorry Joe. I hope you recovery quickly. I know it kicked my butt good a few weeks ago.

Goat Head
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO View Post
    We are going to be in your stomping grounds and you're sick? Sorry to hear that. I guess we will just have to stumble around the trail system

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    I don't mean to hijack this thread but....

Don't forget that this Friday at 6:00am is the registration for the 12 Hours of Mesa Verde! I know that Jay and Mike V. are planning on doing the race again, and Paul Chen and I are going to race too, as is Robin and a friend of hers. We should get some more teams together if anyone else is interested.

Team Inflexible
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian View Post
    I don't mean to hijack this thread but....

Don't forget that this Friday at 6:00am is the registration for the 12 Hours of Mesa Verde! I know that Jay and Mike V. are planning on doing the race again, and Paul Chen and I are going to race too, as is Robin and a friend of hers. We should get some more teams together if anyone else is interested.
    Be ready to sign up with credit card in hand at 5:59am Friday. It is unbelievable how fast this race sells out.

I'm with stupid
    Hope you guys get a slot, I wont be able to make this race money wise with the enduro races this year I want to try.

Goat Head
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    Hope you guys get a slot, I wont be able to make this race money wise with the enduro races this year I want to try.

Have you seen a schedule around?

I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by SomethingRelatedToBiking View Post
    Have you seen a schedule around?
    This is the ones I think I goinh to give a try.

Big Mountain Enduro Venues - Big Mountain Enduro Series

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast