Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Goat Head

COS Night Ride 2/20/2013

Kristian mentioned in last week's post about riding up near his house this week. It's hella icy out near my place (Cheyenne Canyon), how is the Black Forest area? I'm down for anything. Forecast doesn't seem to be calling for any more precip.

Krisitan-- what is the terrain like up there? Lots of open rock and rock faces or mostly "dirt"? I need to know if I should change out of my studded tires.

I think I can.
    Its all good, you will enjoy the trails. SS or 29er is the best option out that way

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

gotta get up to get down
    I know Kman was talking about turning the weds ride out at black forest into a bike-wrenching night in his garage if the weather is crap
    (wednesday is a high of 34 with 30% chance of precip)

but i'm always up for some smooth/flowy BFRP trailz that wander around massive houses

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Black forest is all dirt (mostly sand and gravel actually). The trails are mostly skid steerer cut trails, but anyone who I've taken out there will agree that the trails have an incredible amount of flow for being wide trails that go through a neighborhood.

As of two Sundays ago when Joe and I rode there, everything was free of ice, but since then we've had some freeze/thaw cycles so it's hard to know. I have very little snow in my yard though so I'm guessing that most everything has melted. We'll probably do my standard loop which is about 12 miles of fairly high paced riding, but we can cut or extend that as desired.

If you know where I live, let's meet at my house at 6:00 and leave a little after that. Shoot me a PM if you need directions. I'll get some Papa Murphy's pizzas and have my babysitter throw them in when we're almost done so we can chow on pizza and watch bike movies when we are finished (please bring a change of clothes and shoes though since we'll be in the living room instead of out on the patio). Please post up so I know how many pies to buy. You're welcome to bring beer if you want to. If you have any good movies, bring them too.

If the weather gets too snowy to ride up there (probably more than 5"), I'm up for doing a maintenance night instead.

Team Inflexible
    In for sure and hoping for just the right amount of snow. I remember conditions being pretty sweet with some moisture on those trails.

I think I can.
    Could be a good star wars night on the trails, we have had a couple good snow rides this year already. In.

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

I did it all for the kudo

Re: COS Night Ride 2/20/2013

I likes playing star wars! =)

I'm with stupid
    mesa tinking dat mesa should show ups for dis.

mtbr member
    I like racing slot cars, eating pizza, and watching tail-whips. I will be in attendance.

Team Inflexible

Lol . Nice arin I dunno weather to try and punch you in your face for pretending to be jar-jar, or fist bump for your cleaver way to quote star wars in this thread....

the Chain Guy

I am out again... Family is in town again and Wednesday night is the only time I'll see them... I don't have to return my Inflexables shirt do I?

I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydude View Post
    Lol . Nice arin I dunno weather to try and punch you in your face for pretending to be jar-jar, or fist bump for your cleaver way to quote star wars in this thread....
    I thinki a fist bump is in order for two reasons. I am a big baby and bruise easily. How can you not enjoy a Jar jar line with all this talking of star wars.

Team Inflexible
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    I thinki a fist bump is in order for two reasons. I am a big baby and bruise easily. How can you not enjoy a Jar jar line with all this talking of star wars.
    Ok I am not much of a fighter any ways, my rant may offend all the jar-jar lovers out there but he sucks caulk and ruined star wars forever, lol....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails COS Night Ride 2/20/2013-punch-jar-jar-binks.jpg  

I'm with stupid

COS Night Ride 2/20/2013

If you think jar jar is bad wait till the new ones come out and Mickey Mouse comes out with a light saber and Samuel Jackson saying " there is snakes on this mother ****ing Death Star mother ****er"

I tapped that

I think I can.
    Just noticed that they changed the weather for tomorrow, 70% with 2-4" possible, I am still betting we get to ride.

Stupid weather.

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO View Post
    Just noticed that they changed the weather for tomorrow, 70% with 2-4" possible, I am still betting we get to ride.

Stupid weather.
    The only issue there is that if we get 4" of snow (read 6"+ in Black Forest), I don't want to make my mom battle through it to come babysit. If that's the case, I might need to do a rapid change of plans and venue (unless you guys want to ride without me and just have pizza afterwards which is cool too).

I think I can.
    Upon further review it says after midnight, think keeping with the original plan still works. Totally understand about grandma gotta do whats best, ya never know about Colorado weather anyhow.

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

I'm with stupid
    Just To keep with the theme, to much serious talk going on here.

I think I can.
    That's hilarious

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

Team Inflexible
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    Just To keep with the theme, to much serious talk going on here.

lol "oh sh!t yoda on the scene, 900 rear old fiend smoking the Degabah Green!"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Goat Head
    Calling all carpoolers....I can bring 3 people and bikes if anyone wants a ride, plus pick you up...

I did it all for the kudo

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingRelatedToBiking View Post
    Calling all carpoolers....I can bring 3 people and bikes if anyone wants a ride, plus pick you up...
    The timing on your offer is great! My truck is needing work, and I need a ride if that's okay? I'll pich in some gas $.

Team Inflexible
    Quote Originally Posted by SomethingRelatedToBiking View Post
    chris, I would like to take you up on this. Can we meet at my work? Rockrimmon/I25. I have my bike here.

Goat Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Short Bus View Post
    The timing on your offer is great! My truck is needing work, and I need a ride if that's okay? I'll pich in some gas $.
    No problem. Text me your address. As seats fill up, we will coordinate pickup times.

That leaves two more spots...

I'm with stupid

COS Night Ride 2/20/2013

I'm in for car pooling.

I tapped that

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast