Front Range Cyclist

COS Bike Show "Social" Calendar for Tonight-Sunday

Hello Everyone!

Well as you all are well aware of we have a bunch of fun social bike culture fun fun lined up for this weekend. Here is the schedule:

TONIGHT (Thurs. Feb. 219th):
    The general public is welcome to hop aboard the COS Pub Crawl tonight. They meet at Wooglin’s (823 N. Tejon St) between 8:30-9pm. This is a casual and fun event. Any kind of bike you pedal is welcome.

FRIDAY:
    6pm-8pm there Oscar’s (333 S. Tejon) will be setting aside their patio just for the cycling community. Anyone who is in the cycling community or interested in getting more involved is welcome to attend. Cash bar with drink specials. (21+ only please). Their cajun/americana food style is quite good, their oysters legendary, and my mouth watering thinking about it. All are welcome.

SATURDAY:
    After the show we will have a private party for vendors from the show from 6pm-7pm (aka as Industry Only) and then anyone who attended the show will be given a stamp/ticket to get into this private party from 7pm-10pm. It will be at King Chef Diner on the corner of Bijou/Nevada. Beer provided by Bristol (FREE-while supplies last). May even have a DJ spinning funk/80s music. King Chef’s legendary food will be available for purchase as well. (21+ Only please)

10pm-”American Flyers” will be shown at Kimball’s Pike’s Peak Theater. Tickets will be available at the show and very good chance could sell out at show. (Short version: Go to show early). The theater does offer beer and wine for sale. Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit the Pike’s Peak Area Independent Film Festival. Call theater for details on that.

SUNDAY:
    The Return of “Cycling Sundays” @ McCabes! (220 S. Tejon) 1pm-4pm. It’s the end of the “Tour of California” this weekend and we will have it on all 3 TV’s with sound when it comes on. Sure the foosball, darts, and jukebox (one of the best in town) will keep you occupied before and after the coverage. Food and drink specials. FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY! (so yeah, don’t have to be 21+ for this Sunday/Family day event).

Special Thanks to the following for making this happen:
    Jon Hurly, COS Pub Crawl
    Phil Duhon, Oscar’s Tejon Street Grill
    Gary Geiser, King Chef Diner
    Greg Howard, McCabe’s Tavern and Restaurant

And last but not least YOU the cycling community of Colorado Springs....it’s our first time organizing such an event and we appreciate your patience. It will be akward, over quickly, and we’re sure to make some mistakes. So be sure to give us a hug when it’s over and cuddle. Next year will be even better we promise. See you there!

Sincerely,
    Dave Pico and Jon Severson
    In the immortal words of Socrates..."I drank what?"

Facebook.com/monstercrosser
    Twitter: @monstercrosser

Formaly known as sprocket

Cool-blue Rhythm Saturday DJ

I see your post says may even have a DJ for the Saturday afterparty?
    I am a DJ in the Colorado Springs area, and not busy Saturday!
    So if you need me to make this happen for you! Let me know.
    I will work cheap for my biker bro's!!!

Rocky
    mxcobra@live.com

Front Range Cyclist
    Thanks to everyone who came. We had a HUGE turnout and it was a great success. We had people from all over the state and it was fun. See you next year!
    In the immortal words of Socrates..."I drank what?"

Facebook.com/monstercrosser
    Twitter: @monstercrosser

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juansevo
    Thanks to everyone who came. We had a HUGE turnout and it was a great success. We had people from all over the state and it was fun. See you next year!
    Had a great time!