Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member

COS 11/28 Epic Night Ride

Back is feeling better and itching to crush some grus. A ride may already be in the works however if not I would like to make a suggestion. Shuttle Jones or Pipeline, I believe Chris and I could secure 2 drivers and seats for 8 electromagnetic radiation toting grus crushers. If this sounds like the direction we would like to go I will get a driver reserved.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Wow, that's a bold suggestion! When you talk about these drivers, are they people who would be willing to drive us up there and drop us off? I'm up for it if we don't need to retrieve cars after the ride. I assume we would drive up to the campground and then ride from there right?

mtbr member
    We would not have to retrieve cars, the drivers would not ride. We would start at Rosemont and road (379) intersection, or we could start at Wye campground allowing for a little road climb warmup.

I did it all for the kudo
    Dang!...
    I'll be out o town this week for work. You guys have a blast and wear pads!

I think I can.
    Weather looks perfect, I am in this week no matter the route.

What does the end of the route look like, CJ's to stratton or palmer, section 16 ending at rudy's.

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

the Chain Guy
    I think I'm out for this one. My handlebar light is currently getting worked on and I don't think my helmet light would be enough. I also need to sand out a decent scratch in my Lyrik's stanchion. I guess that fall at palmer got more than just my wrist.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO View Post
    Weather looks perfect, I am in this week no matter the route.

What does the end of the route look like, CJ's to stratton or palmer, section 16 ending at rudy's.
    I would make the call that we end at Stratton--that might be more "battery friendly" than climbing Palmer and finishing at Rudy's. The bigger question is Pipeline or Jones. I'd be up for either.

Team Inflexible
    Sounds awesome. I am in!

the Chain Guy
    Looks like I'm a strong maybe now. Jay just told me my light is on the way. If I can smooth out this scratch I should be able to ride.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by bismirle View Post
    Looks like I'm a strong maybe now. Jay just told me my light is on the way. If I can smooth out this scratch I should be able to ride.
    I have the light that you lent to Robin in my car. Give me a call if you want to swing by and pick it up.

BTW, in case I didn't spell it out in my original post, I'm in for this ride and would love one of the 8 magic shuttle tickets!

<100%
    I am interested....count me in!

mtbr member
    currently we are at 6 for sure and 2 on the fence. We may need to look for another vehicle and driver.

Kristian
    Joe
    Jay
    Jack
    Chris
    Nick
    Brian ?
    John ?

I'm with stupid
    In, I vote pipeline so I can bring my big boy bike. I just have to be at the airport a bit after 10 to pick up RCJones so that he can start being on the ride group again.

Chronic 1st-timer
    This sounds very worthy of my time..........but my employer has another plan for my Wednesday evening.
    Les grimpées, je les déteste!

wanna ride
    Im in if there is still room. I have been wanting to shuttle this ride for ever.
    A rolling stone gathers no moss

Goat Head
    Shuttled pipeline today, loose and dry as usual, some small ice patches on pipeline and some long patches in crankcase alley--no biggie. Molly got a flat on my vehicle on thr drive down which ruined her day. I need to wait a day toask if she will shuttle. I vote for pipeline just because of battery life. I prefer jacks to Stratton too. HTRN--if you ride your dh bike I might join you--not that it is a good idea really, but my bike is still down and so is Molly's . If we can get another driver besides molly, that would be best. My vehicle holds 4 bikes. As far as the drop off point I vote for wey campground, preferably at the top by the trail head, especially if I'll be on a big silly dh bike.

Goat Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennubs View Post

Kristian
    Joe
    Jay
    Jack
    Chris
    Nick
    Brian ?
    John ?
    Adding my coworker, Jake, he has been trying to come on the night rides and hasn't been able until this week. My friend Andy is gathering lights and he might be able to add his vehicle to the fold.

I'm with stupid
    This is getting to be a big group, hopefully there are plenty of seats or we can always just hit up the buckhorn jacks loop or something.

the Chain Guy
    I'm going to put in an 'out' vote for the shuttle. I'd be up for the Jacks ride but riding Pipeline for the first time at night doesn't sound fun. Is this what happens when you turn 30? You get nervous about getting hurt all of a sudden??

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    This is getting to be a big group, hopefully there are plenty of seats or we can always just hit up the buckhorn jacks loop or something.
    Agreed--it sounds like Molly had a bummer of a trip down so I'd hate to suggest another shuttle for her so soon. That being said, if this ride materializes as originally proposed I am SO DOWN for it (and I'm bringing the Knolly)!

Regardless if it's a shuttle or or a canyon ride, either way wre gonna have a great time!

mtbr member
    To keep things straight this is what I get from the posts:

# Rider Vehicle # Riders Driver
    1 Kristian
    2 Joe
    3 Jay
    4 Jack
    5 Chris X 4 ?
    6 Nick X 4 Yes
    7 Brian?
    8. Arin
    9. Atergo76
    10. Jake
    11. Andy X ? ?

Route - 6:00 Stratton parking lot - Wey campground - pipeline - jones - jacks - Stratton

It looks like we need to secure 3 rider seats and 2 drivers
    I will need to compensate my driver for his time so I need to ask for 7 bucks for each passenger in my truck.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    $7 is a steal Nick. Do we have enough vehicles and drivers though?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian View Post
    $7 is a steal Nick. Do we have enough vehicles and drivers though?
    If Brian is still in we need 3 seats and 2 drivers. We will have to see how things shake out. I would not want to leave a rider behind. I am confident that if the shuttle falls through we can still put a sweet ride together.

Goat Head
    If it comes to it, I will put on ski clothes and ride in the truck bed...just saying.

HTRN and Kristian--I am definitely riding the big bike. I've been ridding every different bike I can lately and have been having loads of fun doing it. I will be demoing the new dissident full face from our specialized rep to see if I want one. It is the "shredded clown" color scheme....I am pre-apologizing for any convulsions it may cause; do not look directly at the helmet.

Brian--You haven't ridden Pipeline, huh? Don't sweat it. It is rough and challenging in places but it is not as guh-narly as Templeton. I'm wearing a full face purely to try out the helmet. It's just an XC ride on steroids. You can get away with riding a dh bike but it is so not necessary. I usually ride it on my trail bike, an XC helmet and no pads. Given the fact that it will be cold and dark, I'm opting for knee pads and full face haha

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Is there any room for one more??? I cancelled practice! Would hate to miss this ride!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast