Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Team Inflexible
    Keith is bringing his new rigid SS for this one... lol

glad your coming bro!

Goat Head
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO View Post
    That is good news but I am thinking you need to ride instead, with 3 trucks we have enough room for 1 more.
    I have a T2 rack with the +2 extension, do any of the trucks need/prefer to rock the rack? 2" receiver, keeps your bikes from beating the **** out of each other. I live 200 meters from the parking lot and can drive it over with it on my vehicle. I have a 4 cylinder honda with 240,000 miles on it and sacked out springs. It doesn't like to climb gold camp with five people and 4 bikes. But, the rack is a champ, so let me know if anyone wants to utilize it. Takes 60 seconds to uninstall and reinstall.

Kristian--Thanks Dad! Haha Yeah, gonna be chilly at that elevation. Bringing extra layer and my backup-backup light just in case. Got a 4 pack of Shift I bought last week just for this ride, too

Oh, and THIS IS GOING TO BE KICK ASS!!!

I'm with stupid
    Tonight should be a good time. Not sure if the Mal is going to come out tonight I hate to suffer right off the bat then kill myself trying to keep up with Chris. Plus after reading this The Argument For Short Travel Bikes - Opinion - Pinkbike and watching the movie I think he was talking about me

I did it all for the kudo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydude View Post
    Keith is bringing his new rigid SS for this one... lol

glad your coming bro!
    Thanks Bro! but...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails COS 11/28 Epic Night Ride-challenge-denied.jpg  

<100%
    New rear triangle installed on the enduro last night. What better way to test it out! Mel offered to drive shuttle if a need arose (she's not riding or coming unless she's needed to drive). See you all at Stratton at 5:45

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsj3831 View Post
    New rear triangle installed on the enduro last night. What better way to test it out! Mel offered to drive shuttle if a need arose (she's not riding or coming unless she's needed to drive). See you all at Stratton at 5:45
    Cool! You know how to get to the trailhead? It's pretty easy to find--just get off I-25 at Tejon and take a right. Follow Tejon until it ends at the 5 way and vier right onto Cheyenne Mt. Follow that about 3 miles to Ridgeway and take a right (the first right after the Cresta stoplight). The trailhead is on your right as you go up Ridgeway.

It sounds like we have enough drivers without Mel, but that was nice of her to offer.

Goat Head
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    Plus after reading this The Argument For Short Travel Bikes - Opinion - Pinkbike and watching the movie I think he was talking about me
    Dude, I just finished reading that as well. Good article. A couple hardtail lover coworkers ganged up on me yesterday and proclaimed full suspension isn't faster and DH bikes are worthless (not exactly their words but that is what I perceived). It was right at the end of my shift and I really didn't have it in me to argue. In the article, Mike mentioned something to the affect that all types of bikes will add, in some way, a skill that translates over to how you ride bikes in general. I fully believe that. Even a fixie can teach you something. For DH, the slack angles and long travel boost your confidence allowing you go faster, jump farther, and smash obstacles like never before. That confidence stays with you (as long as you don't let the DH bike collect too much dust) as you try for that roller to roller gap on the hardtail or go for a "Kristian line" on an XC ride. I'd also argue that if you can rail turns on a slack DH bike, you can make anything turn. Anyways, I plan on opening the idea up for discussion tonight during a beer break to hear what some have to say. BTW, I really liked the opening warning statement of the Pinkbike article. Apparently, Pinkbike authors do read the heated comment section

That said, I think you should ride the big bike. Keep in mind we have a big crew tonight which usually leads to unavoidable regrouping for mechanicals, flats, first aid, sandwich eating, giggle fits, etc.; time to rest

the Chain Guy
    Crap... I was already bumming about missing this ride but I had totally forgotten about the giggle fits!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Well reading Chris' response made me wish I still had my remedy.. guess we will see how my skillz hold up on my niner.
    Side note.. anyone know where to buy those Kate's Bars they gave us at the race. Fcking delicious but I don't want to drop $40 on a box on their website.

Team Inflexible
    Crush Some Gruss!

Crush Some Gruss!

Crush Some Gruss!

Crush Some Gruss!

Crush Some Gruss!

Can you tell I am excited for this ride?

gotta get up to get down
    **** i've been eyein this thread like a hawk... is there room for me if I can skip class? I'd pay $10 for a shuttle!

Quote Originally Posted by TitusCO View Post
    Well reading Chris' response made me wish I still had my remedy.. guess we will see how my skillz hold up on my niner.
    Side note.. anyone know where to buy those Kate's Bars they gave us at the race. Fcking delicious but I don't want to drop $40 on a box on their website.
    ProCycling has them. Those things are great but unfortunately not cheap.

Crush Some Gruss!!!

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by SomethingRelatedToBiking View Post
    Dude, I just finished reading that as well. Good article.
    Agreed! I don't think there is any question for me--I would be faster riding the Shinobi on Pipeline than I would on the Delirium T. For me, it's mostly a matter of accelerating out of the turns, and that is SO much easier on a ligher bike. The 120mm of rear travel is plenty for any line on that trail and the 29" wheel would roll right over the chunkiest lines with almost as much stability as the 170mm Delirium.

All that being said, I'm going to have a lot more fun tonight riding the Knolly than I would on the Norco. Sometimes it's not about the full out speed--it's about the invincible feeling that riding a burly bike gives you. Since we're shuttling, it's basically a pain free decision about which bike to bring. In fact, I'll get a better work out tonight with my bike of choice because I'll be dragging a heavier bike up the hill.

I'm stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked stoked for this ride!!!

gotta get up to get down
    thinkin becca & I will just meet at the trailhead on the chance that there's room for us... anyone have the latest count of cars/drivers/riders?

Goat Head
    Quote Originally Posted by TitusCO View Post
    Criterium sells them: Grizzly, Tram, Handlebar, and the Stash. They are pricey. If you want a box, let me know and I'll get you a better price. I agree, they are delicious and consist of real food ingredients.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by p_DuBs View Post
    thinkin becca & I will just meet at the trailhead on the chance that there's room for us... anyone have the latest count of cars/drivers/riders?
    I think there are 12 riders and three drivers as of Nick's last count.

# Rider
    1 Kristian
    2 Joe
    3 Jay
    4 Jack
    5 Chris
    6 Nick
    7 Brian / Keith
    8 Arin
    9 Atergo76
    10 Jake
    11 Andy
    12 Jimmy

That would be 4 riders plus 1 driver in each truck. I'm pretty sure that Joe's truck actually fits 6 people so that would be one extra space. If any other trucks fit 6, there would be room for both of you.

I'm with stupid
    Ok, ok, I give I will ride my 140 bike instead of my hardtail.....haha

<100%
    I'll have a Kuat 2 bike 2" receiver we could move over to a shuttle vehicle with me.

I'm with stupid
    T minus 3 hours.....time goes sooooo slow.

Goat Head
    Jake and Andy are out. That's two seats for P and B is you guys are still in?!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I feel like a middle aged woman waiting to watch breaking dawn.. Antsy as hell!!!

gotta get up to get down
    Crush grus
    Last edited by p_DuBs; 11-28-2012 at 11:24 PM.

mtbr member
    Crom!!! I wish I was there for this ride!! Have fun brothers

I'm with stupid
    Now that was a fun ride!!! Hope everybody made it past all that ice after crank case alley, I had a few I'm going to die moments. Thanks again to our drivers.

The grus has been crushed!
    Best night ride of the year!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast