COS 11/28 Epic Night Ride

Printable View

  • 11-27-2012
    kristian
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tennubs View Post
    If Brian is still in we need 3 seats and 2 drivers. We will have to see how things shake out. I would not want to leave a rider behind. I am confident that if the shuttle falls through we can still put a sweet ride together.

    I'm kinda thinking that this is going to be hard to pull off. I don't have any drivers to volenteer, so even if Molly is OK to shuttle, we're still one driver short.

    I don't want to blow the plan B horn quite yet, but unless someone has a driver to offer up, we're either going to have to do a smaller group, or we're going to have to ride the canyon. Where is Paul Chen when we need him???
  • 11-27-2012
    hitechredneck
    I got us a driver and a truck that will fit at least 4 folks. I will however need to get him some cash for hauling us up there so 7$ each in the HTRN shuttle truck.. We can fix 5 total inside but it will be tight (paul chen size truck so people can fit in the back)
  • 11-27-2012
    TitusCO
    Ill lay in the back if it gets me up..
  • 11-27-2012
    kristian
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    I got us a driver and a truck that will fit at least 4 folks. I will however need to get him some cash for hauling us up there so 7$ each in the HTRN shuttle truck.. We can fix 5 total inside but it will be tight (paul chen size truck so people can fit in the back)

    Yeah! Now we just need Molly to drive Chris' car and we should be good.

    Where and when are we meeting for this sillyness?

    I need to make sure the Delirium T is ready--I haven't ridden it since hitting Sol Vista back in July :nono:
  • 11-27-2012
    hitechredneck
    I was thinking stratton parking lot at 6 and head out from there, would prefer to be ready and loaded up by as close to 6 as possible so maybe show up 10 mins early so we are only waiting on the 1 or 2 that cant get there till exactly 6.

    Knolly would be upset if they heard it had been that long K man.
  • 11-27-2012
    Tennubs
    This ride looks as if it is going to work out, and the way I calculate Jimmy may even have a seat!
  • 11-27-2012
    JOEMTBR COLORADO
    Would my truck help with this, I am cool with it as long as we only drive up gold camp, maybe molly can drive it back down to stratton. If 2 sit in the back that is 8 people and 7 bikes
  • 11-27-2012
    SomethingRelatedToBiking
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    I was thinking stratton parking lot at 6 and head out from there, would prefer to be ready and loaded up by as close to 6 as possible so maybe show up 10 mins early so we are only waiting on the 1 or 2 that cant get there till exactly 6.
    .

    I second that.

    Molly is a go!!! :thumbsup:

    Joe--we are not driving up the rocky 379 road. The Wey Campground turn off is rock free, short and has plenty of turn around at the top which is only about 3/4 of a mile in anyhow. Charle's Cutoff is a fun single track that takes us over to 379 and dumps us right at the little dam waterfall spot, about 1 mile from Jones trailhead. Your truck would be most appreciated and not abused.

    So if we have Joe's truck, Jake's truck, and Nic's truck, where does that put us?? Andy is out but I have another friend Andy that wants to take his place. :eek:
  • 11-27-2012
    kristian
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SomethingRelatedToBiking View Post
    Molly is a go!!! :thumbsup:

    Woohooo!!!

    I have a few suggestions regarding packing for this ride (from a fatherly/boyscout perpective):

    Please bring at least one extra layer, even though the conditions should be nice(ish) weather. Between the coldish weather and the trail conditions, wear your armor. If you have a spare light, or a spare battery and room in your pack, please bring it in case there are any light problems. And most importantly: if you have any whiskey, you should definitely bring that too.

    I can't wait for this ride!!!
  • 11-27-2012
    hitechredneck
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by kristian View Post
    Woohooo!!!

    I have a few suggestions regarding packing for this ride (from a fatherly/boyscout perpective):

    Please bring at least one extra layer, even though the conditions should be nice(ish) weather. Between the coldish weather and the trail conditions, wear your armor. If you have a spare light, or a spare battery and room in your pack, please bring it in case there are any light problems. And most importantly: if you have any whiskey, you should definitely bring that too.

    I can't wait for this ride!!!

    Dont forget beer! :thumbsup:
  • 11-27-2012
    bismirle
    You guys have me excited for this ride too. The only issue now is there is a bug going around our house. My wife and older daughter have it now. So I'll have to make a go/no go call tomorrow depending on how they feel. They way they have been down and out the last few days it doesn't look good. Who knows what a good nights sleep could do for them though.
  • 11-27-2012
    SomethingRelatedToBiking
    Misread... Meant to say Joes truck and nics truck.
  • 11-27-2012
    Tennubs
    My calculations indicate that everyone has a seat! It took a little work but the ride is on! See you all tomarow to some crush grus

    # Rider
    1 Kristian
    2 Joe
    3 Jay
    4 Jack
    5 Chris
    6 Nick
    7 Brian
    8 Arin
    9 Atergo76
    10 Jake
    11 Andy
    12 Jimmy
  • 11-27-2012
    Jaydude
    Holy $h!t,,,, Its on like Donkey Kong!:thumbsup:
  • 11-27-2012
    hitechredneck
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tennubs View Post
    My calculations indicate that everyone has a seat! It took a little work but the ride is on! See you all tomarow to some crush grus

    # Rider
    1 Kristian
    2 Joe
    3 Jay
    4 Jack
    5 Chris
    6 Nick
    7 Brian
    8 Arin
    9 Atergo76
    10 Jake
    11 Andy
    12 Jimmy

    Is this with my buddy ben taking us up there or without? I got a bit confused during all this. :madman:
  • 11-27-2012
    Tennubs
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    Is this with my buddy ben taking us up there or without? I got a bit confused during all this. :madman:

    This list does not include the 3 drivers, I figured each vehicle would hold 1 driver and 4 riders.
  • 11-28-2012
    scar
    I am so excited for this ride...
    and I am not even going!!!


    Sounds like you guys are going to have a heck of a ride tonight. Can't wait to hear the "after ride" tales :thumbsup:



    *****
  • 11-28-2012
    kristian
    I'm hopeful about this ride still, but J isn't feeling well so I might have to bail if she isn't feeling better this afternoon. Everyone, please send healquick vibes to her and Brian's wife!
  • 11-28-2012
    TitusCO
    Ohhh Im pumped!!! Im assuming its gonna be quite cold up there.. you guys gonna be layered up pretty good?
  • 11-28-2012
    Short Bus
    Hey all, I don't have to leave for Durango until early tomorrow morning. If someone doesn't feel like driving one of the shuttle buses I'll volunteer to drive someones vehicle back down. Just let me know.
    I also have a great driving record! lol
  • 11-28-2012
    kristian
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by TitusCO View Post
    Ohhh Im pumped!!! Im assuming its gonna be quite cold up there.. you guys gonna be layered up pretty good?

    Yes, I'm dressing warmer than I would for a regular ride in ~35 degree temps. We will ride up about 30 minutes to warm up, but then it's (almost) all downhill so you're engine isn't going to be burning as many calories to keep you warm. Your outer layer should be fairly windproof because of the high rate of speed you'll get shredding the gnar. :D
  • 11-28-2012
    bismirle
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by kristian View Post
    I'm hopeful about this ride still, but J isn't feeling well so I might have to bail if she isn't feeling better this afternoon. Everyone, please send healquick vibes to her and Brian's wife!

    My wife is feeling worse today. Add on to that both girls egging each other on to do everything they aren't supposed to and I am going to have an exhausted wife by the evening. I am going to say I am out for the ride. So, that leaves an open seat for SCAR or anyone else that is wanting to go.

    I hope you guys have fun. Take pictures please... I need some ride stoke.
  • 11-28-2012
    JOEMTBR COLORADO
    That is good news but I am thinking you need to ride instead, with 3 trucks we have enough room for 1 more.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Short Bus View Post
    Hey all, I don't have to leave for Durango until early tomorrow morning. If someone doesn't feel like driving one of the shuttle buses I'll volunteer to drive someones vehicle back down. Just let me know.
    I also have a great driving record! lol

  • 11-28-2012
    Short Bus
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO View Post
    That is good news but I am thinking you need to ride instead, with 3 trucks we have enough room for 1 more.

    Ok Joe... You talked me into riding! I guess I'm in .
    Thanks Brian, hope your wife starts feeling better, yours too K-man.
  • 11-28-2012
    Tennubs
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Short Bus View Post
    Hey all, I don't have to leave for Durango until early tomorrow morning. If someone doesn't feel like driving one of the shuttle buses I'll volunteer to drive someones vehicle back down. Just let me know.
    I also have a great driving record! lol

    Bring your bike I bet we can fit you in