mtbr member
    Apr 2004

The Cone Report and Lost Key!

Actually, found key. At the western parking lot, a Honda key placed on the entrance sign. Know anybody who owns this key?

The trail was perfect. Nobody in Mayhem parking lot or the one I parked at at 10 am this morning. Just one small snowdrift down on the forest switchbacks. A beautiful ride. I was running out of time (taking too many pictures) so turned around at the bridge.

Ran into a small group of riders on the way back. If I understood them correctly they had gone to the parking lot at the other end of Elk Range, saw that ER was closed, drove all the way around to the Mayhem parking lot, rode up and I met them on Travois. When I told them that now they were on an out and back...and that the trail went to the parking lot they were at earlier...they rode away a little perplexed. Maybe not. They were riding, that was all that mattered.
    Last edited by xcguy; 06-20-2012 at 05:09 AM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Two more.
    Last edited by xcguy; 06-20-2012 at 05:09 AM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    i had an excellent ride there last sunday too.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    So i missed the info can you loop the whole trail yet or is the double track still closed?Never climbed up from mayhem how is that? doable on a 32 x 18? Not that it matters I'll grunt it out anyway.

thanks!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    it was my first time there last sunday. i climbed from parking lot off 6th and went ccw, eventually realized that elks are still havin fun out there, so it was out and back ride. i dont know really which direction is better to ride when the whole loop is open.