mtbr member
    Sep 2008

conditions for Buffalo Creek?

Anyone ridden the Buffalo Creek area this week? How much snow on the ground? Thanks.

david

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Rode there yesterday after work and it was great. Almost no snow on the ground where I rode... couple icy puddles remain, but the trails were great! Enjoy!

Got single track/speed?
    Trails were fine on Saturday. Yesterday. Only a few wet spots and very few frosty spots. Beautiful day.

Tre1nt
    Feb 2006
    Super sweet conditions on Sunday ... a few very brief passages of muddy tread.

I won't mind if no one takes me up on this question, as it reveals my deep-seated laziness. Nonetheless, rather than try to map out the mileage from my ride today I wonder if a generous Buffalo Creek expert could estimate the length of this route:

Pine valley ranch - Black gulch - Skipper - Strawberry - Charlie's cutoff - Sandy Wash to bottom - back up on road - Shinglemill - Morrison creek - up road - Baldy - right on Miller gulch - return via Homestead to Strawberry jack.

Roughly how far? Great route on a singlespeed, I thought, although 34 X 17 was kinda grindy on some of the climbs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E
    Super sweet conditions on Sunday ... a few very brief passages of muddy tread.

I won't mind if no one takes me up on this question, as it reveals my deep-seated laziness. Nonetheless, rather than try to map out the mileage from my ride today I wonder if a generous Buffalo Creek expert could estimate the length of this route:

Pine valley ranch - Black gulch - Skipper - Strawberry - Charlie's cutoff - Sandy Wash to bottom - back up on road - Shinglemill - Morrison creek - up road - Baldy - right on Miller gulch - return via Homestead to Strawberry jack.

Roughly how far? Great route on a singlespeed, I thought, although 34 X 17 was kinda grindy on some of the climbs.

I would say 22 to 25 miles roughly....

Tre1nt
    Feb 2006
    Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0