Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 56
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    17

    Conditions in Breckenridge

    Going to breckenridge this weekend for memorial day weekend and wondering how dry it is up there. We'll probably do the peak to peak trail if it is dry.

    Anyone ridden in Summit lateley?

  2. #2
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,732
    Ahhhhhhhahahhahahahhahaha! Peak to Peak? Forget it.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by edogcooter
    Going to breckenridge this weekend for memorial day weekend and wondering how dry it is up there. We'll probably do the peak to peak trail if it is dry.

    Anyone ridden in Summit lateley?
    I hope this is a well conceived troll. If not, I want a full report from the March of the Idiots.

  4. #4
    Colorado
    Reputation: Drop the Seat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    452
    Hey PM Rontele. He has the magic potion for snow melt.

  5. #5
    enlightened.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,494
    I think it is Rontele fighting with himself.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by athalliah
    I think it is Rontele fighting with himself.
    I'll have to check and see if I took my meds this morning.

  7. #7
    enlightened.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    I'll have to check and see if I took my meds this morning.
    I find this really helps me:


  8. #8
    Inflexable...
    Reputation: kchri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,901
    I would recommend snowshoes with crampons...
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

  9. #9
    Colorado
    Reputation: Drop the Seat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    452
    Na, they both have green light on at same time....

    But, for reals, you must be out of your ****ing mind dood.

    Above average snow year = Late season snowmelt = Late start to mountain bike season at high elevations = Summit County isn't ridable until mid-June at the earliest.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by athalliah
    I find this really helps me:

    I actually prefer the Anna Nicole Smith methodology of controling my multiple personalities. I just grab a handful of what's available and pop 'em.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    17
    I'll take that as a "no". With the warm temps and all.....thanks.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by edogcooter
    I'll take that as a "no". With the warm temps and all.....thanks.
    I have some great ocean view property in Oklahoma I'd love to sell you.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    17
    Hey Rontele....suck it.

  14. #14
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,732
    Quote Originally Posted by edogcooter
    Hey Rontele....suck it.


    Take THAT rontele. You meanie.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles


    Take THAT rontele. You meanie.
    I'd reply, but my kindergarten teacher is making me take a "time out"

    oh wait...

  16. #16
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    I'd reply, but my kindergarten teacher is making me take a "time out"

    oh wait...

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by edogcooter
    Hey Rontele....suck it.
    I can't help the fact that you posted a really really dumb question, got owned, then got all emo, butt hurt over it.

    Its the internet, don't take it so srsly; srsly.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    17
    Do you think Wolf Creek is open yet for bikes?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by edogcooter
    Do you think Wolf Creek is open yet for bikes?
    Now you're just being predictable and unfunny.

  20. #20
    Colorado
    Reputation: Drop the Seat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by edogcooter
    Do you think Wolf Creek is open yet for bikes?

    Again, PM Rontele. He has the formula for snow melt. I used it once, but he made me sign a 20 page legal disclosure stating I would be held liable if the secret got out.

    The snow melt did work.

  21. #21
    zrm
    zrm is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,470
    Actually Wolf Creek is at a pretty "normal" snowpack for this date right now. (a s**tload of snow still on the ground)Summit County is something crazy like 160% of the 30 year average. (A REALLY big s**tload of snow on the ground) Count on the melt out to be 2-3 weeks later than what has been the the norm for the last several years.

  22. #22
    Big Boned
    Reputation: Manmountain Dense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,535

    Conditions are good...

    Depending on your definition of "ride."

    From Sunday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  23. #23
    enlightened.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,494
    Hey Bill do you have more of those pics?

  24. #24
    Big Boned
    Reputation: Manmountain Dense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,535

    Do **I** have more of those pics?

    Yes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  25. #25
    Big Boned
    Reputation: Manmountain Dense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,535

    Just a couple...

    ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  26. #26
    Inflexable...
    Reputation: kchri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,901
    Stoke!!!!
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SicBith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    I can't help the fact that you posted a really really dumb question, got owned, then got all emo, butt hurt over it.

    Its the internet, don't take it so srsly; srsly.
    rode Tenderfoot yesterday to Keystone. Dry, and fun... suck it some more Rontele
    you can get passed a dog... nobody fuks with a lion

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    17
    right on SicBith....thanks for the reply.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: heckler_asx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by SicBith
    rode Tenderfoot yesterday to Keystone. Dry, and fun... suck it some more Rontele
    Just because theTenderfoot trail is dry that is no indicator that the Peaks trail will be dry.
    1. Tenderfoot trail is mainly in a non-wooded area so it is going to get more sun. Peaks is mainly in the shade.
    2. Tenderfoot trail is on a West Facing slope so it is going to get better sun exposure. Peaks is on an East Facing Slope.
    3. Tenderfoot is known historically to be an early season ride in Summit and is one of the first dry trails.
    4. Tenderfoot trail is at lower elevation than the peaks trail.

    That being said the Frisco Peninsula trails are probably dry especially since the majority of the trees have been removed or are dead from the beetles.

  30. #30
    Slopestyle Rider
    Reputation: joelalamo45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,448
    Is that Loveland Pass?

  31. #31
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,732
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45
    Is that Loveland Pass?
    Yup.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SicBith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by heckler_asx
    Just because theTenderfoot trail is dry that is no indicator that the Peaks trail will be dry.
    1. Tenderfoot trail is mainly in a non-wooded area so it is going to get more sun. Peaks is mainly in the shade.
    2. Tenderfoot trail is on a West Facing slope so it is going to get better sun exposure. Peaks is on an East Facing Slope.
    3. Tenderfoot is known historically to be an early season ride in Summit and is one of the first dry trails.
    4. Tenderfoot trail is at lower elevation than the peaks trail.

    That being said the Frisco Peninsula trails are probably dry especially since the majority of the trees have been removed or are dead from the beetles.
    settle down 1.2.3.4 What does Tenderfoot have to do with Peaks anyway. Yes all of the trails in the trees are not going ready for awhile.
    you can get passed a dog... nobody fuks with a lion

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: heckler_asx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by SicBith
    settle down 1.2.3.4 What does Tenderfoot have to do with Peaks anyway. Yes all of the trails in the trees are not going ready for awhile.
    Maybe you missed the original post:

    Quote Originally Posted by edogcooter
    Going to breckenridge this weekend for memorial day weekend and wondering how dry it is up there. We'll probably do the peak to peak trail if it is dry.

    Anyone ridden in Summit lateley?

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SicBith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    498
    I caught it. The guy wants to know if anything is dry in Summit, and Rondelle jumped on him for asking a dumb question, so I gave him the info he wanted.
    How's the Springs?
    you can get passed a dog... nobody fuks with a lion

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by SicBith
    I caught it. The guy wants to know if anything is dry in Summit, and Rondelle jumped on him for asking a dumb question, so I gave him the info he wanted.
    How's the Springs?
    Actually, had he asked the question you posed, "is anything in dry in Summit County?" I would have likely replied that yes, the Peninsula looked dry when I was up there last weekend. Rather, he asked whether the Peaks trail was dry.

    Common sense goes a long way.

  36. #36
    Team Inflexible
    Reputation: Jaydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,943
    I saw some dry spots in thoes pics that look rideable......

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    17
    "common sense goes a long way?"

    What the f is your problem dude? Do you get off on being a d!ck to people?

    Sorry I didn't pose the question to your liking but it doesn't give you the right to be such a prick....

    Do everyone a favor and wrap yourself around a tree this weekend......

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by edogcooter
    "common sense goes a long way?"

    What the f is your problem dude? Do you get off on being a d!ck to people?

    Sorry I didn't pose the question to your liking but it doesn't give you the right to be such a prick....

    Do everyone a favor and wrap yourself around a tree this weekend......
    1) Take a deep breath
    2) Unwad your panties from your vagina
    3) Remove sand from said vagina
    4) Don't take the internet so srsly; srsly

  39. #39
    Ride = Life
    Reputation: racerxti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    193
    Rontele your a waste of space. That dude was a first time poster, way to welcome a new member. Get lost in the woods this weekend. I wanna see your mom crying on Channel 9, come Monday. asshat

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SicBith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    Actually, had he asked the question you posed, "is anything in dry in Summit County?" I would have likely replied that yes, the Peninsula looked dry when I was up there last weekend. Rather, he asked whether the Peaks trail was dry.

    Common sense goes a long way.

    It does go a long way to taking the ball when someone asks about a trail in Summit and giving said person the 411 on the entire situation in Summit.

    Who puts sand in a vag. Your girl must dig on your skills.
    you can get passed a dog... nobody fuks with a lion

  41. #41
    Inflexable...
    Reputation: kchri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by edogcooter
    ...Do everyone a favor and wrap yourself around a tree this weekend......
    Quote Originally Posted by racerxti
    Rontele your a waste of space. That dude was a first time poster, way to welcome a new member. Get lost in the woods this weekend. I wanna see your mom crying on Channel 9, come Monday. asshat
    Quote Originally Posted by SicBith
    rode Tenderfoot yesterday to Keystone. Dry, and fun... suck it some more Rontele
    So, let's see, it's OK for you guys to act like @ssclowns but not anyone else? Rontele was being "funny", perhaps at the newb's expense, but it was just being funny. You guys on the other hand are wishing ill will on someone which is stepping way over the line. Perhaps you guys are not ready for this Internet thing. This community is pretty small and wishing that someone wraps themself around a tree because you didn't like their response is perhaps a little foolish. Calling him a prick, well, that could apply.

    Anyone in Colorado who has been paying attention at all knows the snowpack, especially in Summit County, is way above normal. That usually means anything that "looks" like a mountian will probably have still have snow on it.

    Rontele, the correct usage is 'mangina'...
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by kchri
    Rontele, the correct usage is 'mangina'...
    Technically, you have to be a MAN to have a mangina

  43. #43
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,732
    Quote Originally Posted by kchri
    <snip> wishing that someone wraps themself around a tree because you didn't like their response is perhaps a little foolish. .
    I disagree. I'd like to see Rontele wrap himself around a tree... mainly so I could point and laugh at him.




  44. #44
    Inflexable...
    Reputation: kchri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    Technically, you have to be a MAN to have a mangina

    At least you have the apropriate use of the :fm down...
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SicBith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by kchri
    So, let's see, it's OK for you guys to act like @ssclowns but not anyone else? Rontele was being "funny", perhaps at the newb's expense, but it was just being funny. You guys on the other hand are wishing ill will on someone which is stepping way over the line. Perhaps you guys are not ready for this Internet thing. This community is pretty small and wishing that someone wraps themself around a tree because you didn't like their response is perhaps a little foolish. Calling him a prick, well, that could apply.

    Anyone in Colorado who has been paying attention at all knows the snowpack, especially in Summit County, is way above normal. That usually means anything that "looks" like a mountian will probably have still have snow on it.

    Rontele, the correct usage is 'mangina'...
    your right it's only ok for us to act like assclowns, so stop it. We're a 114% of average snowpack in Summit. I guess that is "way above normal" How's the snowpack in the Springs? Do you ever ride up here?
    you can get passed a dog... nobody fuks with a lion

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    540

    it is true

    that we had a lot of snow this year, but there are high country rides (not above tree line) that are open for buisiness. I don't think it's that unreasonable to ask about conditions in certain places as you just don't know at this time of year. I know I'll be sampling some sweet s.t. this weekend.

  47. #47
    Inflexable...
    Reputation: kchri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by SicBith
    your right it's only ok for us to act like assclowns, so stop it. We're a 114% of average snowpack in Summit. I guess that is "way above normal" How's the snowpack in the Springs? Do you ever ride up here?
    The snow pack in the Springs is almost non existent in the Rampart Range. Pikes Peak still has snow and the upper Cheyenne stuff needs a few more weeks. Everywhere in COS is ridable...

    And yes, I have ridden up there just not this year yet. There is mucho good riding there...
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jcospoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    300
    yeah this thread went south quickly. But most know that we had a big winter and trails will be late in drying out.
    However, Frisco Peninsula is 90% dry and ready to ride. Many locals can be seen riding there now-June 4th, when the first race in the Summit Mtn Challenge take place. Maybe parts of Oro Grande, Tenderfoot are dry too.

  49. #49
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,732
    Memorial Day picture from Breck, just for reference.


  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jcospoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    300
    yeah the irony is that Horseshoe Bowl rarely looks that good around Christmas, let alone late May! Luckily when it does consistently warm up, things melt quickly. Jack's Cruel Joke is another small section of dry singletrack that is open for riding now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •