mtbr member
    Mar 2008

coming up to denver..

And I am not familier with trail names.. locations etc. I have come up and rode a loop from the parking lot off Morrison rode I believe. You ride up to some rocks, then continue cliumbing some technical trails and drop down back towards the road where you cross to climb dakota ridge. (been a few years).
    Do I have this right? What is the name of the trail you start on?
    And we are coming on Sat so are there any other trails rideable in the vicinity? Trying to make a long day of it.

Jimmy

Chronic 1st-timer
    Red Rocks to Morrison Slide to Red Rocks to Village Ride to Dakota Ridge
    http://jeffco.us/jeffco/openspace_uploads/mattwin.pdf
    22 Going on 23

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Yes, thanks! How are the conditions there? And any other close trails to make a longer ride of it?

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    I don't think anything is going to be rideable this weekend. We just got a few inches of snow yesterday, things are fairly saturated and still chilly. You have to get it first thing in the am while still frozen. With temps in the 50s on Sat, its gonna be a sloppy mess.

Dakota Ridge might be rideable. But the stuff on the west side of Morrison Road (Red Rocks/Matthews Winter) won't be rideable.

Fruita, Moab and Hartman Rocks in Gunny are the spots that front range bike junkies are traveling to for their dirt jones these days.

mtbr member
    Except Dakota Ridge is bounded on either side by shale units (Morrison on the west, Benton on the east) which turn to a sticky mess when wet, add the Lykins in there and things get slippery.

Best bring the road bikes. The streets will be clear with the warmer temps.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by flowtron View Post
    I don't think anything is going to be rideable this weekend. We just got a few inches of snow yesterday, things are fairly saturated and still chilly. You have to get it first thing in the am while still frozen. With temps in the 50s on Sat, its gonna be a sloppy mess.

Dakota Ridge might be rideable. But the stuff on the west side of Morrison Road (Red Rocks/Matthews Winter) won't be rideable.

Fruita, Moab and Hartman Rocks in Gunny are the spots that front range bike junkies are traveling to for their dirt jones these days.
    Yeah we were gonna go to sedona this weekend but we have to wait til feb.. so just trying to think of something close by and different to ride.
    Thought the trails up there would be clear..