I can't ride 45!

Coming off the injured reserve list

Sitting out the late ride season with a MCL tear was no fun, but I broke my two month drought of no-rubber-on-trail with a Dakota Ridge & Mathew/WInters ride on Monday. Yipee! That ride always jostles me up a bit (damn you would think I would have that ride down by now) but I didn't feel too much worse on the ride than pre-knee injury -- once I stopped coughing up my reserves of couch sitting phlem. I felt a bit hesitant on the bike but I suppose that is a normal part of recovery.

So while I was down-and-out I sold my Talas fork, replaced it with a Marzocchi AM1 110-130, and sent my Float to Push. Fork and shock both need to break in so I will reserve comment until they have a few more miles on them and after I have had some time to tweak on familiar territory. The AM1 at 130mm makes the Pantera pretty lax with a 67 degree headtube angle but it felt fine on the trail.

Looks like the weather folk are calling for temps in the low 50s this weekend in the central FR. Anybody have a good ride destination in mind?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Perpetually single track
    Congrats on getting back...the knee seem to be recovered near as you can tell? I take it you didn't tear it all the the way through.

HA=70degrees?

"All Hell Breaks Loose"
    Jan 2004
    Luckily the MCL doesn't need surgery. I think this weekend is gonna be pretty muddy once it warms up. We'll have to ride again one of these days. Do you ride on weekdays at all?

Bill

I can't ride 45!
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    Congrats on getting back...the knee seem to be recovered near as you can tell? I take it you didn't tear it all the the way through.
    Naw not really recovered yet but good enough for boarding and biking. Biking is part of my PT though I am not allowed to wreck. I wonder if it will ever fell quite like it did before. I tore it pretty extensively and had some minor ACL damage in process. Still some laxity in the joint but not much anymore. It mainly bothers me when I don't use it -- gets stiff and achy. Running will be the challenge for this month.

Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    HA=70degrees?
    That red arrow on the top is just a marker. The bottom indicator shows the angle.

I can't ride 45!
    Quote Originally Posted by miSSfit
    Luckily the MCL doesn't need surgery. I think this weekend is gonna be pretty muddy once it warms up. We'll have to ride again one of these days. Do you ride on weekdays at all?
    Yup and I am right up the hill in Genesee now. Give me a ring when you head out next.

Stand back

mmm

[QUOTE=jasonb]Still some laxity QUOTE]

mmm, laxity. Chocolate flavored?
    You got off easy. 5 months is what my dr told me for full strength from a replacement acl. Are you using any kind of knee brace? I found that the cheapo open patella neoprene ones work well to keep the knee warm and not so achy afterwards.
    Good luck w/ your recovery!
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

I can't ride 45!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    You got off easy. 5 months is what my dr told me for full strength from a replacement acl. Are you using any kind of knee brace? I found that the cheapo open patella neoprene ones work well to keep the knee warm and not so achy afterwards.
    Good luck w/ your recovery!
    Yes I did get off easy -- no surgery and two months to return to most activities, but I still have a few months to fully recover strength and mobility. I have not been wearing a brace though I have a few that I have tried. I need to get back to ice after exercise. I ran on the treadmill last night and did some weight work and it is pretty damn sore this morning.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Where did you get this thing? I'd like to have one so I could measure my HA throughout the range of my TALAS fork's travel.

I can't ride 45!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    Where did you get this thing? I'd like to have one so I could measure my HA throughout the range of my TALAS fork's travel.

$10 bucks at home depot.