The following notice was just posted to the COMBA mailing list, and is reproduced here for your convenience:
[SIZE="4"]COMBA Invites you to a Public Forum with Jefferson County Open Space [/SIZE]
- Enforcement issues in Jefferson County Open Space Parks worrying you?
- Have thoughts about the latest maintenance work performed on your favorite trail?
- Have a great idea that needs to be heard?
- Then join us at COMBA's first ever Open Space Trails Public Forum!
[SIZE="3"]Tuesday, August 19, 2008
7 - 9 pm
Jefferson County Administration and Court Building
100 Jefferson County Parkway Golden 80401[/SIZE]
- or -
for more information, and pre-registration.
COMBA is extremely pleased to announce that the Director of Jefferson County Open Space (JCOS) and his staff have agreed to be our guests at an open public forum with the mountain bike community. During this first-of-its-kind forum we will discuss hot topics in the front range, including yielding enforcement and recent trail maintenance in JCOS parks.
In order to foster meaningful discussion and ensure a productive and respectful exchange of positions and ideas, COMBA has assured our JCOS guests that courtesy and decorum will be the order of the day. We appreciate and need mountain bikers' support in that endeavor. COMBA is absolutely dedicated to serving the mountain bike community and is committed to doing that by facilitating serious discussions, offering strategic ideas and convincing alternatives to present day policy and practices, and influencing effective change. So, if these topics are of interest to you, and you can join us in this effort with this spirit, then we urge you to take part in this forum and take full advantage of this unique opportunity.
All mountain bikers are urged to attend to show their support for our community!Whether you're already a COMBA member, or just one of the thousands of mountain bikers who value access to JCOS trails, we urge you to take part in this important event.
PLANNING TO ATTEND?
- For those who wish to speak or otherwise actively participate in the forum, pre-registration with name and address is required.
- For those planning to attend and observe, pre-registration is entirely optional - however it is encouraged, as knowing how many people to expect will aid substantially in planning for the event.
- For anyone simply wishing to receive email updates regarding the forum and the topics discussed therein, the sign-up form may be used for that as well.
The sign-up form is posted on the COMBA website, http://www.comba.org . The "Public Forum with JCOS" page is also directly available via this link: http://www.comba.org/public-forum-with-JCOS
We would like for as many people to attend as possible - the greater the attendance, the higher the quality of the dialog. So please, spread the word about this event, and consider pre-registering, so we know how many to expect.
COMBA looks forward to seeing you on August 19, and thanks you sincerely for your support!
Mtbr's 2016 Winter Biking GearReviews and Roundups
Results 1 to 6 of 6