mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Columbine Campgroung/Yankee Hill

This past Saturday my friend Carlos and I met up to run some trails over by Highlands Ranch. We were kind of in a hurry but had such a great time we decided we would head out with the family on Sunday to the Yankee Hill area behind Central City.

The kiddos rode the ATV's, the wives drove the SUV's with the babies aboard, while Carlos and I rode our bikes.

Once we found a good area we broke out "camp" and made some nice ham tortas with avocado, queso fresco & jalapeņos.

We didn't take any pictures on the way up, which was freakin awesome. Snow and Ice kept on making out bikes slide everywhere, but we still made it all the way to the shooting area.

Kids having a good time on the rocks at "base camp"

The Support team

My wife had a great time wheeling in the snow too

Time to head out

Sorry for the low quality pic, just wanted to give you guys an idea of what the road looked like on our way out.

At some point the vehicles had a hard time following us down the road. My wife told me: "I was doing 35 m/hr and you just took off".

lucky enough
    Sounds like a well-organized family outing! Way to share the experience with the wife and kids.
    "Don't take life so serious, son . . . it ain't no how permanent." - Porky Pine

The 5th knuckle
    At some point the vehicles had a hard time following us down the road. My wife told me: "I was doing 35 m/hr and you just took off".
    Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

SS in CO
    huh, never knew that Columbine was like that. I live just 2 miles up the road. I should probably check it out...

J.
    are you a bike shop owner? or a custom builder? I want to talk to you about your website

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    There is a trail entrance on the right about 0.5 miles from the entrance to the campground to a offroad trail, that leads you to Yankee Hill and there is tons of trails up there to play around in. Ive done most of them in my Jeep but decided to run them this weekend in my bike.

I ended up taking a wrong turn at some point and ended up in Fall River Rd.... Lol