mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Colorado Vacation

My wife and I will be in Colorado from June 12th to June 20th for Vacation and am looking for some insight on where to spend it. We will be in Vail 12th-14th, and Aspen 15-17th but the last 3 days are open. We are looking for easier(i.e. green downhill) trails since we are newer, even downhill paved would be fine, and some night life. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
    Mike

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by mkoskinen
    My wife and I will be in Colorado from June 12th to June 20th for Vacation and am looking for some insight on where to spend it. We will be in Vail 12th-14th, and Aspen 15-17th but the last 3 days are open. We are looking for easier(i.e. green downhill) trails since we are newer, even downhill paved would be fine, and some night life. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Drive over Kebler Pass from Aspen into Crested Butte. There are miles of buff (although lung killing) singletrack through the most beautiful wild flowers in the state. It's going to be too early snow-wise for the high altitude stuff there, but your lungs probably wouldn't allow you to get that high anyway.

Thread Terrorist
    Vail should have some lift assisted easy trails. Copper & Breckenridge have some really easy DH trails.

Night life? You'll be with the tourist masses. You'll find bars and taverns to have drinks, but this isn't Vegas if that's what you're looking for. Denver has some great spots for dancing and more 'nightclub' city style type of venues.

ie.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    I'm pretty sure Aspen trumps Denver for nightlife... although it's been a LOOOOONG time since I "went out" in Aspen.

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    I'm pretty sure Aspen trumps Denver for nightlife... although it's been a LOOOOONG time since I "went out" in Aspen.

Bwaaa haa haa haa.....
    uhm, actually it doesn't. Its pretty quiet. Not the party scene you'd expect.

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Well, let me clarify. What you think is party scene and what I think is party scene could be two different things.

I'm referring to places like XS, Jet, Tryst, theMix, etc like in Vegas. There are a few places like that here in Denver (Martini Ranch, Tryst, Mint and a few others I can't remember). We're not talking drinking beer at a colorado tavern.

most colorado mtn towns suck a$$ for real nightlife.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Thanks for all the responses.....For night life I meant maybe some live music and booze

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    Well, let me clarify. What you think is party scene and what I think is party scene could be two different things.

I'm referring to places like XS, Jet, Tryst, theMix, etc like in Vegas. There are a few places like that here in Denver (Martini Ranch, Tryst, Mint and a few others I can't remember). We're not talking drinking beer at a colorado tavern.

most colorado mtn towns suck a$$ for real nightlife.
    Have you "been out" in Aspen? If it's good enough for the glitterati it ought to be good enough for a hick like you.

You are right about most mountain towns, though - but Aspen could *barely* be considered a mountain town by most standards.