mtbr member
    May 2007

Colorado trail Tenn Pass to Copper..

A group of us rode it in the summer of 2010, and I am entertaining doing it again..

It was brutal towards the end. but we all made it in one piece, and only one rider suffered a flat tire.. Any takers? I am shooting for a group ride the end of July or Aug.. I am on the road the first three weeks of every month for work.. So that is the only time I can do it..

PM me or respond if anyone may want to do the ride.. If memory serves me right we did it in 6.5-7 hours... (30 or so miles)
    "Just moved to denver, any suggestions on what rubbers to use when i bang loose denver chicks ?"

lucky enough
    I may be interested. I need to do a ride in that area soon.
    "Don't take life so serious, son . . . it ain't no how permanent." - Porky Pine

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    So you *climb* from Camp Hale to Kokomo/Searle? You CRAZY, man!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Oh yeah it was a great time...
    "Just moved to denver, any suggestions on what rubbers to use when i bang loose denver chicks ?"

friend of Apex
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I'm in, haven't ridden that part of CT yet.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Sweet! I have two other friends that are in...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Sort of backwards, but the Searle to Copper descent is better than the Kokomo to Camp Hale descent, IMO.

Also, the road is currently closed due to the recent rains and may be for a while: U.S. 24 closed at Leadville due to giant sinkhole - The Denver Post

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I had a blast riding the down into copper, and had to speed check myself several times on the downhill through a nice boulder field.. The "backwards" route was well worth it imho!