Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: IndianaXC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    115

    Colorado Springs in Late March?

    Hey guys, my family is taking a week long vacation to the Colorado Springs area the last full week in march. I was wondering if I should bring my mountain bike, or just take the road bike? Is it likely the trails in the area will be rideable at that time? Also, what are some must hit trails in the area?

    Thanks in advance
    Giant XTC Composite 29er, SID XX World Cup fork, AC Race 29 wheels
    Giant TCR advanced with Ultegra Di2

  2. #2
    gotta get up to get down
    Reputation: p_DuBs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    609
    bring the mountain bike! i enjoy palmer park, ute valley, the chutes (in stratton open space), buckhorn/captain jacks, cheyenne mountain state park, mt. herman (up north in monument), air force academy falcon trail is awesome, and red rocks open space/section 16 is good too.... all depends on what kind of trails you like riding

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: IndianaXC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    115
    Awesome, thanks for the quick reply! Im mostly looking for something that is good XC race training. Im on a rigid, so no super aggressive stuff, but I do enjoy a technicaly hard trail with lots of climbing.
    Giant XTC Composite 29er, SID XX World Cup fork, AC Race 29 wheels
    Giant TCR advanced with Ultegra Di2

  4. #4
    mtb'er
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    24
    I've got lots of gps maps of local rides. There is much to ride here in the springs, late march depends on weather, could be sloppy or very nice. message me if interested in garmin maps.

  5. #5
    Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,597
    Quote Originally Posted by 99fsrelite View Post
    I've got lots of gps maps of local rides. There is much to ride here in the springs, late march depends on weather, could be sloppy or very nice. message me if interested in garmin maps.
    Agreed. There is a 80% chance things will be exceptional, a 15% chance things will be sloppy and a 5% chance things will be under a foot of snow.

    I'd highly suggest riding Cheyenne Mountain State Park. It's the sight of one World Cup, and a one National XC race so you can get your pro on (all in the shadow of NORAD). There are lots of loops you can link up so can ride as much or as little as you want. It will cost you $7 to get in, but that buys you a nice map and well signed trails. The trails range from flowy to XC chunky. It's also nice hiking so your family will enjoy it too.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: IndianaXC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    115
    Ok folks, we are leaving in the morning, we will get there late sunday night and we will leave exactly one week from then. I dont know what my families plans are throughout the week, but are there any group rides etc that I need to schedule in?

    Thanks
    Giant XTC Composite 29er, SID XX World Cup fork, AC Race 29 wheels
    Giant TCR advanced with Ultegra Di2

  7. #7
    Almost Human
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,128
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaXC View Post
    Ok folks, we are leaving in the morning, we will get there late sunday night and we will leave exactly one week from then. I dont know what my families plans are throughout the week, but are there any group rides etc that I need to schedule in?

    Thanks
    Bring sunscreen.

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 Colorado Endurance Series
    By Timo in forum Endurance XC Racing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 06:37 PM
  2. Colorado officials to consider drilling inside state park
    By UncleTrail in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •