Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    dwj
    dwj is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dwj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    312

    colorado springs dirt jumps

    if anyone knows who is filling in the jumps at the "step"(aka vickers) and turning them into tables with mellow lips, pm me. i'm offering a reward for anyone who brings these misguided souls to justice.

  2. #2
    No coast freeride.
    Reputation: mtnbike24_7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by dwj
    if anyone knows who is filling in the jumps at the "step"(aka vickers) and turning them into tables with mellow lips, pm me. i'm offering a reward for anyone who brings these misguided souls to justice.
    Tony is. I vote for blaming everything on Tony, though.
    Rock Pounder Racing

    Sponsored by porn.

    Steelheads for sale! Trunk of my buddies car at the corner of Colfax and Mississippi, or email him at snowskilz@hotmail.com. It's a freakin bargain!! (If you make your own bolts)

  3. #3
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,775
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbike24_7
    Tony is. I vote for blaming everything on Tony, though.
    Eric you know I'm worse at dirt jumping than you are....

    Plus the lines at Vickers are huge and compact, atleast they were a year ago when I went there. Some crazy stuff, atleast for me.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  4. #4
    No coast freeride.
    Reputation: mtnbike24_7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Eric you know I'm worse at dirt jumping than you are....

    Plus the lines at Vickers are huge and compact, atleast they were a year ago when I went there. Some crazy stuff, atleast for me.
    which gives you motive to fill in the gaps...jerk.
    Rock Pounder Racing

    Sponsored by porn.

    Steelheads for sale! Trunk of my buddies car at the corner of Colfax and Mississippi, or email him at snowskilz@hotmail.com. It's a freakin bargain!! (If you make your own bolts)

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Eric you know I'm worse at dirt jumping than you are....

    Plus the lines at Vickers are huge and compact, atleast they were a year ago when I went there. Some crazy stuff, atleast for me.
    GUILTY!

  6. #6
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,775
    Quote Originally Posted by DanD
    GUILTY!
    Of course you guys realize up until a few weeks ago I couldn't even drive anywhere by myself which meant that I was usually too lazy to lug my pig more than a half mile away from my house unless I was going to palmerpark or something.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  7. #7
    Card Carrying Member
    Reputation: kitchenware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,032
    I did it, but it was Tony's idea... he paid me.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    266

    where are they?

    where are these jumps formerly known to be gnar, located at? I saw some jumps by a little skatepark, but I don't think they were too crazy.

    Please let me know and I will help you dig them back out.

  9. #9
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,775
    Quote Originally Posted by TCR1
    where are these jumps formerly known to be gnar, located at? I saw some jumps by a little skatepark, but I don't think they were too crazy.

    Please let me know and I will help you dig them back out.
    Those ones you are talking about at the ones at Goose Gossage, these ones are different. Dont know if dwj would appreciate me telling you where they are publically so PM him.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    142
    Did you build them???? I knwo some bmxers that say they assisted/built them and they might be doing it but I doubt they all hit them easy.

  11. #11
    dwj
    dwj is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dwj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8kid33
    Did you build them???? I knwo some bmxers that say they assisted/built them and they might be doing it but I doubt they all hit them easy.
    it wasn't the bmxers (the ones that built them anyway) that filled them in.

  12. #12
    go big
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by dwj
    it wasn't the bmxers (the ones that built them anyway) that filled them in.
    vickers was started years ago by bmx kids by the same crew who built the vally. duncun, Joe, Tom and many others those kids have all but retired from digging. if they were still around i woould say vickers would be hot right now instead of sucking. the place was rebuilt perfect last fall by mtbers. then broke doun by bmx kids. what i dont understand is if you cant jump the big lines. then build youre own. instead of wasting enrgy and time destroing the good lines. the place is sucking right now let me know and i will help fix the first two jumps then we can leave my pit bull their for protection.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by sprocket
    vickers was started years ago by bmx kids by the same crew who built the vally. duncun, Joe, Tom and many others those kids have all but retired from digging. if they were still around i woould say vickers would be hot right now instead of sucking. the place was rebuilt perfect last fall by mtbers. then broke doun by bmx kids. what i dont understand is if you cant jump the big lines. then build youre own. instead of wasting enrgy and time destroing the good lines. the place is sucking right now let me know and i will help fix the first two jumps then we can leave my pit bull their for protection.
    the bmxer pat that goes there hits them and treats them good and hes a super nice guy who is always willing to give trick tips.

Similar Threads

  1. dirt jumps in sonoma county
    By dhbiker1988 in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-07-2013, 08:04 PM
  2. Freeride Park Planning Meeting - Colorado Springs
    By bikeCOLORADO in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-09-2004, 08:32 PM
  3. making your own dirt jumps
    By Roam in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-23-2004, 08:10 PM
  4. Colorado Springs Trails ?
    By crosstrail in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 04:08 PM
  5. New Park! New Trails?? Colorado Springs
    By bikeCOLORADO in forum Trail Building and Advocacy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2004, 05:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •