mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Colorado Springs Bike Rental Needed

Heading to COS at the end of the month and want to get a ride or two in. Not bringing my bike.

Was hoping to find shops in town that rental bikes, preferrable 29ers.

Also, was thinking of trying out either the Falcon Trail or Rampart Res. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    It looks like Criterium rents 29ers--they are convinient for the Falcon trail:
    http://criterium.com/content/index.p...tes-copy3crop/

And Team Telecycle is a cool shop in Woodland Park near the Rampart resivour, although their website doesn't specifically mention 29ers.
    http://www.teamtelecycle.com/rentals.html

Both of those trail choices are good ones. The Res has beautiful views of Pikes Peak and is a fun loop. Falcon trail is one of the best XC trails in town and it's cool to be on the Academy. You might also throw in Cap'n Jacks if you do a third ride (lots of info online).

Hairshirt Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by dprimero
    Heading to COS at the end of the month and want to get a ride or two in. Not bringing my bike.

Was hoping to find shops in town that rental bikes, preferrable 29ers.

Also, was thinking of trying out either the Falcon Trail or Rampart Res. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance
    Colorado Cyclist and Pro Cycling both have demos/rentals.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Thanks

Thanks again for the information. I rented from Team TeleCycle when I went to Rampart. Nice guys and a great ride. Had plenty of information on the ride and maps at the shop. But no one told me it was at 9000'. Holy crap!!

The guys at Criterium were great. Again, nice 29er, plenty of local knowledge and happy to share. Falcon trail is a great ride.

Candlestick Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by dprimero
    ...But no one told me it was at 9000'. Holy crap!!
    Ha ha ha! I guess we (people who live here) tend to forget about small details like that!

Glad you had a good time. Those are definitely 2 good ride choices.
    baker

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    Falcon trail is one of the best XC trails in town and it's cool to be on the Academy.
    If you don't have a military ID do you have to go in through the North Entrance to get on the Academy?

Candlestick Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by EVERYUSERNAMEISTAKEN
    If you don't have a military ID do you have to go in through the North Entrance to get on the Academy?
    I've never heard that and went through the south entrance just last year. I rarely drive onto the academy, though. I usually just ride in from the Sante Fe Trail.
    baker

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVERYUSERNAMEISTAKEN
    You need to have a driver's license and a helmet to get on at the North Entrance, but you don't need a military ID. I haven't used the south entrance for years so I don't know if you need an ID there or not. I like to park outside the north gate and ride on instead of driving through the gate.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    You need to have a driver's license and a helmet to get on at the North Entrance, but you don't need a military ID. I haven't used the south entrance for years so I don't know if you need an ID there or not. I like to park outside the north gate and ride on instead of driving through the gate.
    Thanks for the info!