mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Colorado Springs in april?

We're planning a roadtrip for mid April, what does the season there usually seem like at that time of year? That's it, pure and simple.

Archie

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Got a dart board? Put a sun on 10 of the sections, put snow on 4 of the sections, put a blizzard on 2 of them and rain on the rest. Now throw a dart.

Seriously, the weather is a total crap shoot in April. There is a good chance it will be sunny and beautiful with temps in the low 60s, but we've gotten foot plus dumpings of snow--even towards the end of April.

Baring a recent blizzard, most of the riding below 8,000 feet should be good, but anything higher might be snowed in still.

I think I can.
    Oh K-Man,
    you forgot lightning and hail, where is your head

For me, April is a great time of the year as it has warmed up and most of the trails have thawed and dried off. He is right though we do get those freak stormes and could mess with your plans but if your serious about ridding no matter what you will always find a place to ride within a short distance, may not be the perfect trail but still a great place to plan a trip.

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

Thunder Chunky
    You also forgot the small section of lighting while snowing(only seen it happen twice, weirdest thing in thw world). But yeah basically its Russian Roulette with the weather during April...

Inflexable...
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    ...mid April, what does the season there usually seem like at that time of year? ...

Archie

Winter-spring-summer

It could snow 4 inches in the morning and be 60+ degrees by afternoon...

basically a crap shoot...
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...