View Poll Results: Do you support oil/gas development in State Parks?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 14.29%
  • No

16 76.19%
  • Undecided

2 9.52%
    Almost Human
    Sep 2007

Colorado officials to consider drilling inside state park

Colorado officials to consider drilling inside state park - Denver Business Journal

Some interesting things in this article...

"The agency owns mineral rights to 439 of the park’s 688 acres, and money raised through royalties would help the agency pay for upkeep at St. Vrain and other state parks across Colorado, said Theo Stein, a spokesman for the commission."

"The parks department received $7.1 million from Colorado’s general fund in fiscal 2009, but ensuing budget cuts reduced general fund support to zero, Stein said."

"Chris Castilian, a parks and wildlife commissioner, also is Anadarko’s manager of government and community relations in Denver. Castilian has recused himself from previous discussions and actions on drilling at St. Vrain, and Stein said he expects Castilian will do so again Thursday."

As I put on my tin foil hat this morning I have to wonder if the state parks budget crisis wasn't created by politicians to force the parks department into allowing oil and gas exploration on property they own/manage.

mtbr member
    I only support it if they change the name to St. Vrain Industrial State Park. Remember folks, the current expansion of gas development (there is way more gas along the Front Range than oil) is partially driven by the switch to natural gas electricity generation.

Also, don't forget that it is Parks and Wildlife now.

Chronic 1st-timer
    More features to ride, sweeet!
    Les grimpées, je m'en fou!