mtbr member

Colorado Forums Out There?

Not to take away from this one, but I'm moving to Colorado from Michigan, and I was wondering if this was the main discussion forum used by the Colorado mountain biking community, or if there was a better one? Michigan's most active forum is under the umbrella of the Michigan Mountain Biking Association ( www.mmba.org ), and it has all the best info on upcoming races, trail conditions, sponsorship opportunities, etc. I was wondering if Co had something similair? TIA for help.

Scott

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Yes, this is the place to gather all the info you would ever want regarding Colorado MTB.

On another note, I am amazed how many people from Michigan end up out here in Colorado. I moved from MI 4 years ago. Growing up in MI (Midland) I always knew I would end up out here. My dad grew up out here in Golden and we visited a lot out here in the summers.

Welcome to Colorado
    GO WINGS!

mtbr member
    You can try www.trailcentral.com. Doesn't really compete with this forum, but it is Colorado focused.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by migeorgeco
    GO WINGS!
    Red Wings SUCK!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeandski
    Red Wings SUCK!
    Typical response of a fan of a retread team (most likley Quebec, or I mean the Avs)
    10 cups and counting...it will be 11 this year.
    GO WINGS!

VooDoo user.
    GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!! Chicago suburb dude here. Been in CO since '99

Welcome to Colorado.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Typical response of a fan of a retread team (most likley Quebec, or I mean the Avs)
    10 cups and counting...it will be 11 this year.
    GO WINGS!
    So the Nordiques moved from Quebec to Colorado and became the Avalanche... I'll take Canadians any day over some tool from MI.

Red Wings still SUCK!

i took the wheels home
    I'll chime in for the Wings on this one, too.

But the real question is: If the Rockies played the Tigers, would anyone care?

mtbr member

Thanks for the responses

I'llbe using this forum often. Nice to hear from people from the midwest. As for the Wings vs. Avs, nothing needs to be said there. The record of Detroit speaks for itself.

Time is not a road.
    What part of CO are you moving to? There is also a Western Slope CO board. This one will serve Denver, Boulder, CO Springs and Ft Collins (and many small towns).

Wear your Wings jersey proud! There's many of us out here - my first year here, they won Cup. I expect we got a good shot again this year!

Here's a nice goal at the Joe for your viewing pleasure...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesomist™
    Yes, this is the place to gather all the info you would ever want regarding Colorado MTB.

There are definitely other sites that are worth checking out, and each one has it's own casst of characters and personality if you will. Most info does eventuall get trickled down to just about every site, but a few other sites definitely worth checking out for Colorado mountain biking info (and other cycling info in general) are:

Ridemonkey Colorado Forum - a lot like this forum, but with different people that frequent and post
    Trail Central Forum - this was mentioned already, but it should be noted that the REST of the Trail Central site (not just the forums) is a great place to get ride and trail info here in Colorado
    Mountain States Cup - the regional chamionship series, includes XC, Super-D, STXC, DH and MX races
    Winter Park Race Series - another race series, focused on XC. I'm told it's really fun and the races are ran really well there. The Winter Park area has some really killer singletrack and epic XC riding, some of the best in the country.
    Front Range Mountain Bikers - a Yahoo group/mailing list of mountain bikers, good for organising rides with others and hooking up with people to ride
    Colorado Downhill Cycling Collective - DH focused trail advocacy group
    Critical Mass Denver - if you're into that sort of thing
    Boulder Thursday Cruisers - a group cruiser ride every Thursday in Boulder, starts at 7:30 pm. Lots of mtn bikers on this ride, really fun, good place to meet some people.
    Denver Cruisers - Like the Thursday group in Boulder, but on Wednesdays, and in Denver.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.