mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Colorado Bike Rentals -Where should I go ?

Where would you guys recommend a tourist rent from ? I was thinking it would be best to rent somwhere on the west side of Denver( Bike Doctor ?) rather than renting at each stop on our week long loop this summer.Good idea ? bad idea ? Any and all ideas appreciated! Flying our three bikes from Pa. I think is a bad idea.

Singletrack Daydreamer
    Give Foothills Ski and Bike a call. They usually have Rocky Mountain Elements available. They might also have an ETSX or Slayer available. They're located on the west side, in Genesse. Great small shop, good folks to deal with.
    Train 'til you puke. Cheat to win. Party like a rockstar. We miss you, Jan!

WWJR

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks !, ...will be visiting friends in Golden and is the beginning and end of our loop of
    Co.,sure would work out nicely .

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Anybody out there rent 4X bikes? I wanted to give it a shot at Chalk Creek this year.
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

..ouch
    Mojo's had nomad's and specialized last season.. very cool shop to visit as well.

mtbr member

Bike Rentals in Colorado

The Denver area has many fine bike shops, but very few of them want the hassle of renting equipment. The best selection of rental bikes can be found in the resort communities in the mountains -- Winter Park, Frisco, Breckenridge, Vail, Crested Butte, etc. If you plan to ride the state in a loop, so that you end up near your starting point, your best bet to to rent a bike for the week from a town near your first trailhead. Wherever you rent, be sure the bike fits you and is in good working order. You don't want to discover a serious mechanical issue halfway through your loop. Happy riding!

mtbr member

In Breckenridge...

that is if you come to Summit County (which I highly recomend as some the highest concentrations of SICK ASS alpine single track end at my back door here in Breck), come see us at Great Adventure Sports next to City Market, ( greatadventuresports.com )
    And we can get you rolling on a Kona. We will have a number of 4 & 5" which are perfect for the trails here> Shoot me a p.m. with an email and i'll get you sqaured away on trail details as well.

<100%

Bike Source

Bike Source (Highlands Ranch and Denver) has some very nice Specialized demo bikes available. They may also be getting in some Yeti's soon.
    http://bikesourceonline.com/ 303-221-4840

Let There Be Dirt

Big Kahuna

in Littleton rents and demos bikes. Their rentals are mostly Niners, but their selection includes singlespeeds, hardtails and full suspension. They also carry Salsa but I'm not sure they rent those. Their phone is 720-981-5199.