mtbr member

colo springs ride

I have some family business (my son is attending a prom) that will have me in the Springs on Sat afternoon until Sunday mid day. I will be in the Broadmoore area.
    Looking for suggestions for a 1.5-2 hour ride on Sat afternoon and a 3-4 hour ride on Sun morning. I dont fear climbing but I'm not the best tech rider .
    Thanks for your suggestions,

rr
    I don't do PC
    Cheyenne canyon would be the best option, your right there, plenty of climbing and not a lot of tech

Will be crowded this weekend but weather looks primo

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I might be doing a little ride Sat afternoon if I get back from Bear Creek early enough. I'm definitely doing an endurance day on Sun and I live really close to the Broadmoor. PM me if you'd like some company/guide.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    How do you feel about gravel? And by gravel, I'm talking places on the trail where you will sink up to your rims in pea gravel? If you're OK on conditions like that, the "must ride" trail in Colorado Springs is Cap'n Jacks. It's like a bobsled track with a huge grin factor and great views of the city. Just stay high on the berms and you'll never notice the gravel. CJs can be combined with the Chutes for a longer ride. There are tons of directions online you can search for on both of these trails.

Another really nice ride (and probably your best bet for the 3-4 hour ride) is Cheyenne Mountain State Park. It's the first state park that was actually designed around mountain biking and it has a great trail system (bring $6 in cash for the fee). The trails range from super smooth to slighly techy and there are great maps posted all over to make it easy.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Cheyenne canyon would be the best option, your right there, plenty of climbing and not a lot of tech

Will be crowded this weekend but weather looks primo
    You beat me by one minute Rick! coloskifreak, the first two trails I mention in my post are located in North Cheyenne Canyon that Rick is describing.