MountainMafia "Boss"

Co Springs "North Shore" area?

I found this awhile back at http://medwheel.org/rrc.htm:

Medicine Wheel is building a Freeride/Skills Park

"Medicine Wheel is currently building a "North Shore" style mountain biking skills park in Red Rock Canyon, and we need your help to get it built! "

Does anyone know how this project is going and how much of the NS area is completed, if any?

Thanks.
    "Live to ride... FREERIDE to live!!!!!!"

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainMafia

Does anyone know how this project is going and how much of the NS area is completed, if any?

Thanks.
    Phase I (the beginner phase) is done. There are tetters, small drops, a rock garden, and a few small stunts. I do not know the timeline on the intermediate and expert stuff (phases II and III). The park is located off of Hwy 24 just west of 31st Street, and the freeride stuff is right by the parking lot.

MountainMafia "Boss"
    Kristian... thanx for the info. If you, or anyone hears of the timeline for the Int and Expert stuff can they please post it? Who is heading the project up, does anyone know?

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Kristian... thanx for the info. If you, or anyone hears of the timeline for the Int and Expert stuff can they please post it? Who is heading the project up, does anyone know?
    DH Pimp (Joe) is the most involved person in the project who also posts here on MTBR so if he doesn't post something on this thread, send him a PM. If you can't get into contact with Joe, PM me and I will send you contact information for Tony who is managing the project.

Your retarded
    MM, DHPimp, and Kristian, if you guys find out anything new about the next phases, post it on up. I'm sure there are many of us who are interested.

I'll contribute what I know, which may be rumors and lies. From what I understand, their having trouble securing the cash to fund the next phases. Companies like Rock Shox were big contributors to the funding initially, but that funding has already been tapped. Now it's a matter of raising enough money for the additional phases. That could be very incorrect information, so take it as a grain of salt.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I think Nickle is right the funding is running low.

MountainMafia "Boss"
    It will suck if cash keeps this project from going through. I would love to have some North Shore stuff in our own backyard to ride. U guys know of any good FR spots close to C/S that are fun to hit? I'm just getting back into riding and don't know of many hot spots.

Your retarded
    I don't think they are very publicized. They're out there, but as anal as many of the front range folks are, including other mountain bikers even, they remain hidden. I would hope that anyone knowing of non sanctioned stunts or features does not post them here.

MM, were you the dude on the Iron Horse last week? If so, I didn't get a chance to meet you. I was having the epitome of an off day. I'm Nicholas.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

Medicine Wheel Guy
    We are starting the design of the next phases of the project, should start building this winter for riding next spring. If you want to get involved, PM me.

MountainMafia "Boss"
    Nicholas... no bro, that wasnt me. Sorry. BUT, I'm Shawn and its nice to meet ya.

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    Phase I (the beginner phase) is done. There are tetters, small drops, a rock garden, and a few small stunts. I do not know the timeline on the intermediate and expert stuff (phases II and III).
    So how is it that the CS folks have figured out how to do this without the whole "Oh my, a tire might actually leave the ground.. liability, liability.. run!" crap that seems to come up every time it's even suggested for Boulder/Denver metro? Considering we have twice the rider population can't our city managers sac up? Or is the spandex lobby just too powerful up here?

For anyone involved in this CS project, how did you pull off the politics?

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Martlet
    We are starting the design of the next phases of the project, should start building this winter for riding next spring. If you want to get involved, PM me.
    That is most excellent news. I'd very much like to get involved. I did one build session on phase I and really enjoyed it. I'd like to do more. PM sent.

Nicholas... no bro, that wasnt me. Sorry. BUT, I'm Shawn and its nice to meet ya.
    Oops. Well Shawn, it is nice to meet you too.