Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

CO mountain bike racing

IM looking for a website that lists races in the state. Any one know any good lists of races for CO?

Awesomist™
    Every spring, sometimes TWICE, someone asks this exact question, in this exact forum. Try the Search function, there's already a ton of info and the answers to what you seek, young padawan.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Rocket Scientist

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker
    Every spring, sometimes TWICE, someone asks this exact question, in this exact forum. Try the Search function, there's already a ton of info and the answers to what you seek, young padawan.
    Really because all i get is whole lot of nothing that im looking for.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser
    Weird, I search the CO Front Range Forum for "racing" and in the first page of results get these following threads Need info on racing... , Colorado XC Racing -- Event Sites?, Downhill Racing. 24 seconds of my life wasted...

mtbr member

Living the High Life
    Type in English.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Thank YOU, Chuck Norris!
    tough crowd here on this forum!
    I see you're drinking one percent. Is that because you think you're fat?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lusdawg
    Yea maybe i should just stick to the road racing at lest everyone is more helpful.

Your retarded
    Yea maybe i should just stick to the road racing at lest everyone is more helpful.
    Says the guy who was just given five links to threads and racing sites. If that's not what you consider "helpful," I'd like to know your definition. Maybe you meant to say "... at lest [sic] everyone has a higher tolerance to repeat questions."
    A trail that’s too difficult wouldn’t exist because it’d never be used. But, trails can exist that’re too difficult for you.

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by lusdawg
    We're nice once you get to know us
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    there are lots of options, but no central location for the information. The big series races are the Winter Park Series, Mountain States Cup, and the Rocky Mountain Ultra Endurance Series. There are several great stand alone events. The FireCracker 50, Gunnison Growler, The Burn MTB Time Trial. There is also a short track series in Boulder on Wednesday nights. And there is another series in the Springs.

Good Luck

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by DanD
    Weird, I search the CO Front Range Forum for "racing" and in the first page of results get these following threads Need info on racing... , Colorado XC Racing -- Event Sites?, Downhill Racing. 24 seconds of my life wasted...
    ahh... consider it a charitible contribution. Take your hourly Bike consulting wage at $500/hr and pro-rate that for a tax write-off!

..or you could ask for bail out money since you weren't paid for your 24 seconds of work.

mtbr member
    The Colorado Springs Sand Creek series has 7 races. One of them will be a UCI event and part of the USA Cycling Pro MTB XCO Tour. The Sand Creek Sports website has all the details.

percocet pioneer.
    Isn't that annual Apex DH race coming up..?

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by $ally Hu$tle
    Yep. and to compete you must be on a dept. store 10-speed.

Awesomist™
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    Says the guy who was just given five links to threads and racing sites. If that's not what you consider "helpful," I'd like to know your definition. Maybe you meant to say "... at lest [sic] everyone has a higher tolerance to repeat questions."
    I think he may have been referring directly to me as being "unhelpful" and in this case I feel he's partially right. Heh. At least I was somewhat nice about it, although maybe he took offense at calling him "young padawan" or something. Anycrap, maybe we should start a "These are all the listings and websites with info about racing in Colorado that we, collectively, as an online community, know about so you don't have to use the search function or ask us again" and get some mod somewhere to sticky it in the Front Range Forum. Perhaps that would be more helpful than tartly telling someone to use a basic search function before posting a question that's been asked (and I've helped answer) many times.

Or we could get someone to just sticky this thread!
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker
    I think he may have been referring directly to me as being "unhelpful" and in this case I feel he's partially right. Heh. At least I was somewhat nice about it, although maybe he took offense at calling him "young padawan" or something.
    Well, if that's the case...

Hey pulser, see that guy over there; that Full Trucker character? Yeah, that one... with the pubic beard. I hear he clubs baby seals for sport and bites the heads off kittens in front of kindergartners just to watch 'em cry. I once saw him push an old lady down in the crosswalk, stand over her laughing, then give some driver the finger so he'd swerve for him and hit granny instead. Yeah, he's cold. Flame on, my friend, flame on. I won't make the mistake of stopping you again.
    A trail that’s too difficult wouldn’t exist because it’d never be used. But, trails can exist that’re too difficult for you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    Well, if that's the case...

Hey pulser, see that guy over there; that Full Trucker character? Yeah, that one... with the pubic beard. I hear he clubs baby seals for sport and bites the heads off kittens in front of kindergartners just to watch 'em cry. I once saw him push an old lady down in the crosswalk, stand over her laughing, then give some driver the finger so he'd swerve for him and hit granny instead. Yeah, he's cold. Flame on, my friend, flame on. I won't make the mistake of stopping you again.
    He prefers to give drivers the thumbs down rather than the finger. As for the rest, I think you're pretty spot on

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by $ally Hu$tle
    Hell, you know better than that. This year it's a stage race, 5 rounds are already done, only 7 more to go

percocet pioneer.
    Quote Originally Posted by doc gravity
    Hell, you know better than that. This year it's a stage race, 5 rounds are already done, only 7 more to go
    unfortunately, the handlebar on my NEXT sheered off at both sides of the stem. count me out.

mtbr member
    I really like the idea of a sticky that would allow us to post links to events in the state. Steamboat, and many mt towns run a local series, plus the MSC, RMUE and other races, you can race every weekend, if you want, there is just not a good place to find out about all these races without lots of searching.

Living Large in Germany
    Sep 2008
    Little late on this thread but Andy over www.sandcreeksports.com has tried to compile the races in CO--not sure he has them all but it's a start.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    We're nice once you get to know us
    Don't listen to this buffoon. He's actually a total caulk.

banned
    Oct 2008

CO Racing Schedules

The best CO racing schedules are at www.sandcreeksports.com on the Colorado Cycling page.

Also, the Carmichael Training Systems Sand Creek Series is in Colorado Springs with seven races including the June 13th USA Cycling Pro XCT and Western Finals of the new US Cup Series race. This is just one of seven UIC XC races in teh US this year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast