mtbr member
    Jan 2008

CO In late march!? Traveling question.

Okay guys; this year for spring break I might be able to convince my dad to take the fam out to CO to visit really good friends of the family that moved out there. It will be around late March, like the 20th or so. What I'm wondering is will CO trail be ridable then, or will it still be snow covered and have boarders still all over the mountain?

Now, if it's not going to be winter wonderland there, where are the best place to ride in CO? These people live in Boulder.

Thanks, and yeah I'm pretty excited about this. Wisconsin doesn't have mountains, so I'm stoked to ride some.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Skiing will still be in full effect in the high country at that time. Anything in the Front Range should be OK. I say "should be" because March is one of the potential snowiest months in the Front Range for the year. These links should help you find some local trails in the area....

http://www.comtb.com/index1280.shtml

http://www.singletracks.com/php/data...ame&state_id=6

http://www.trailcentral.com/trail/tr...e.php?state=CO

Keep in mind, the road riding is primo as well. Trails might be muddy, but you can still get out for some excellent road spinning session.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Meh, might just have to save the trip until summer then, maybe head to CO first then my fishing/biking trip to B.C. Pops has got half a million frequent flier miles so I think a free tip to Hawaii will just be just as nice.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Another option is Moab.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    alright I'll just have to check things out. I really wanna go hit up some good free ride spots; MOAB would be awesome, but my pops doesn't bike and neither does anybody else in my fam so there has got to be other attractions around or I'm going to get shut down.

Thanks for the help though bro, appreciate it.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    For sure won't be able to ride in the high country in March. You can't ride in the mountians until mid May at least and the real high country till mid-late June.

The Front range and the Wersern Slope, including Moab are possible, maybe even real nice, but a crap shoot until at least mid April, even then you can get an occasional snow storm.

skillz to pay billz
    your family could see the sights of moab?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOby
    your family could see the sights of moab?
    Dad has a bad hip, so he can't walk that well untill he gets surgery. My mom wouldn't like it and my borther bikes but he isn;t into it like I am. MOAB would be tight but I don't think I will get to do that for a few more years.