Team Inflexible

CMSP pics and vids

It was a warm and mild March 1st day. Spring as come early this year and it has been great to get some early season riding in. Today we had a group of 4, me Mike, Steven and Haven. All of us had fun and Haven and Steven had a good wipe out or two. That just means we were pushing it.

At the top of the Talon Loops there is a really cool roller coster section that rips fast through a heavily wooded section of the trail and offers and string of fun jumps. At the end of the post are a couple of cool videos of Haven and Steven Ripping the section.

DSC03ss957
    This section is a must to hike up and hit the the jumps once more

DSC03950
    Steven floating off of one of the many bumps

DSC03956
    Haven catching some nice air.

DSC03939
    Here Comes The Crew

DSC03944
    Me comming down the end of Cougars Shadows

DSC03934
    Mike being Mike

Video of Steven riding smooth

Haven hitting the same section

Your retarded
    Looks like Haven almost blew the turn and met the tree you were ducking behind. LOL.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

mtbr member
    Great pics... I may have to take the trip north!

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Funrover
    Great pics... I may have to take the trip north!
    "CMSP" = Cheyenne Mountain State Park. That's in your backyard, homes.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

Team Inflexible
    Cheyenne Mountain State Park does not get much recognition for how good it is. The trails are fun and you get a good mix of terrian. Tons of corners, lots of jumps, long climbs and descents, along with cool technical sections that will challenge the best of us.

Other than requiring a parks pass or paying $6 to get in there is not much bad to say about it. You can also park at the Safeway off of hy 115 and ride into the park for free. Its about a 10 minuite bike ride from the Safeway Parking lot to the trail head.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydude
    Cheyenne Mountain State Park does not get much recognition for how good it is. The trails are fun and you get a good mix of terrian. Tons of corners, lots of jumps, long climbs and descents, along with cool technical sections that will challenge the best of us.

Other than requiring a parks pass or paying $6 to get in there is not much bad to say about it. You can also park at the Safeway off of hy 115 and ride into the park for free. Its about a 10 minuite bike ride from the Safeway Parking lot to the trail head.
    That's how I roll HAHAHAHA!! That is close to home!

Team Inflexible
    That's how I roll HAHAHAHA!! That is close to home!

should be a great spot to ride your singlespeed.

mtbr member
    should be a great spot to ride your singlespeed.
    Willing to meet for a ride and show me this place?

Team Inflexible
    Willing to meet for a ride and show me this place?
    Hell yeah, CMSP is like my back yard only 5 minutes from my house. I will be riding it this weekend and next week daylight savings time hits and will be starting to ride after work.

Lemme know what works best for you.

mtbr member
    Hell yeah, CMSP is like my back yard only 5 minutes from my house. I will be riding it this weekend and next week daylight savings time hits and will be starting to ride after work.

Lemme know what works best for you.
    Sweet I am at circle/I-25 so close for me! weekdays for sure.. not sure on weekend yet

Team Inflexible
    Sweet I am at circle/I-25 so close for me! weekdays for sure.. not sure on weekend yet
    cool I will send pm to set up...

mtbr member
    Looking again I will prob take the FS the first time!

The Riddler
    where do you access the CMSP trails? i've been in the springs for 3 years and have yet to ride there.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Good pics, I enjoyed my ride there last year but havn't been back, need to explore all the trails but there's some good stuff, the Med wheel trail was real nice.

Medicine Wheel Guy
    Just FYI, if you get an annual pass for CMSP, it's also good at Pueblo Reservoir and all the other state parks.

or vice versa, of course.

Kaparzo, the entrance is off Highway 115 across from the Fort Carson main gate.

Best trails are Medicine Wheel (of course), Cougar Shadow, Blackmer and Talon Loop. Lots of other nice ones there though, and tons of wildlife.

Trail map here

Shread Ready
    Nice man! Spring certainly has arrived early! I gotta admit I still want to do some more snowboarding so I'm hoping we get some more white stuff in the hills this March. You stoked me up to go ride and I'm about to hit the trail!

Team Inflexible
    Quote Originally Posted by Martlet
    Just FYI, if you get an annual pass for CMSP, it's also good at Pueblo Reservoir and all the other state parks.

or vice versa, of course.

Trail map here
    I finally broke down and bought a parks pass this year. With all the reports of break ins at Red Gate and frequent trips to CMSP It should be worth it. Also they are now 12 month passes vs. annual passes. So if you buy it in March 09 it is good to March 2010. Pass costs $60.

I might have to hit Mueller since I have the pass now!

Medicine Wheel Guy
    Here's a nice route through the park (from this morning). It hits all the highlights, Talon Loop, Blackmer, Zook, Medicine Wheel, and Cougar Shadow.

About 14.5 miles & 3,300 feet of vertical and a flock of turkeys.

This is a KML (google earth) file, but I had to change the extension to .doc to get it to upload. So, just download it, change the .doc to .kml, and fire up google earth to view it.

(Edit) - Just added a page to the Medicine Wheel web site with more details about CMSP, including a 3d view and trail profile. Click here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Martlet; 03-05-2009 at 04:07 PM.

mtbr member
    I am going have to hit this up!

Shread Ready
    I am going have to hit this up!
    Yeah, me too. But if I went to the Springs I'm guessing their might be better stuff to hit?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher
    Yeah, me too. But if I went to the Springs I'm guessing their might be better stuff to hit?
    oh yes...,.Section 16 and Palmer Park

rr
    I don't do PC
    There's def better stuff, but it's another great option for us locals, like Jay who lives right there.

I like to hit the AFA loop cause I can ride from my house on the Sante stinky to get there and just get out for a good 4 hrs ya know. That's just as fun for me as doing a techno fest at Palmer or a big ride in the canyon, but I like to mix it up and not do the same thing even if it's not deemed as fun of a trail, I get bored with endless Palmer rides.

Team Inflexible
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    There's def better stuff, but it's another great option for us locals, like Jay who lives right there.

I like to hit the AFA loop cause I can ride from my house on the Sante stinky to get there and just get out for a good 4 hrs ya know. That's just as fun for me as doing a techno fest at Palmer or a big ride in the canyon, but I like to mix it up and not do the same thing even if it's not deemed as fun of a trail, I get bored with endless Palmer rides.
    Tru Dat Slick Rick. Sum times dat hot sh!t iz right dere in da hood..