Thread: The Chutes???

Bianchimtb
    Jul 2007

The Chutes???

Anyone know if the Chutes is clean? I was lookin' to do some intervals on them but don't wanna ride over to em id they aren;t rideable.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchimtb
    Anyone know if the Chutes is clean? I was lookin' to do some intervals on them but don't wanna ride over to em id they aren;t rideable.
    I would think they are in good shape by now. We rode up them last Tuesday and they were a little slushy in places, but I'm sure all of that snow fall has melted. I would guess that the snow from Sunday is gone too. That trail is pretty solid under wet conditions, but the Stratton trails are a lot more likely to get muddy so I'd stick to the Chutes (and maybe CJs).

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    I am going to go to the chutes today. I will let you know how it is. Unless you have already gone. I will be climbing, not coming down.

SS Chimp
    The Chutes will be fine but the rest of Stratton needs more time. I am sure that no one that reads this forum would ever ride when it is too muddy but some pecker necks have been tearing it up in Stratton.
    all single...all the time

mtbr member
    I rode a stretch of the Chamberlain Trail (it parallels and then connects up to the Chutes) and it was nearly all dry on Tuesday afternoon... one or two sections of frozen snow and that's it - there's more mud on the Chutes so I cut back to Chamberlain... is the other stuff in Stratton still pretty muddy?
    S
    "You know how they make aluminum bike frames? They take steel and suck out all the soul..."

davvag
    Apr 2007
    we rode them and up pronghorn a little ice and snow in spots but not bad. very very fast and a blast.