Team Inflexible

Christmas in Fruita

I have a week off at the end of Dec and wanted some insight on the chances of making a trip out there. I dont mind riding in the cold but want snowless trails.

Thoughts?

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    If you're lucky the trails will be snowless.

If you're not they'll be covered in snow.

Or even worse, they'll be muddy.

HTH.

Thread Terrorist
    I could peel off for a day or so... as long as there isn't any snow on a warmer winter day.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    if fruita is snowy or wet then Moab is still a good option. I have spent the christmas week at moab the past 3 years and have loved it everytime. Hotel rooms are around $30 a night, the trails are empty, town is quiet and has a homely feeling.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by zzsean
    if fruita is snowy or wet then Moab is still a good option. I have spent the christmas week at moab the past 3 years and have loved it everytime. Hotel rooms are around $30 a night, the trails are empty, town is quiet and has a homely feeling.
    Is that good?

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Is that good?
    heh, as a change from the hustle-bustle of the fall and spring i like it.

Team Inflexible
    cool sounds like I will need to keep an eye on the weather and play it by ear. Moab would be fun too.

I will post if I go and see if anybody else wants to join.

Ride on......

mtbr member
    And if the weather sucks in Moab keep heading West on I-70, to I-15, and go down to the St George area. Even better chance of fair weather. It is much further - twice the distance - but only another 5-6 hours of Interstate driving. Well, actually now that I think about it, you're brave to head out West in the Wintertime, I wouldn't do it, maybe don't tempt fate.

banned
    Probably about 2 weeks last winter that I couldn't really ride much in Fruita/Moab.

MTBR Contributing Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by zzsean
    Sean you are such a bike bum! Thats the way I was when I rock climbed like a crazy person. Now I'm 50 with a 3 and 5 year old so I get to share my free time! It will be a few more years until they can join me (if the want to) on the trails.

We are going out to California for Xmas and I hope to get in a day on Gooseberry Mesa! Maybe a quick one in at Grand Junction if there is no snow.

Mojo63