the Chain Guy

Cheyenne Mountain State Park trail closures

Just came across this and figured I would let Springs people know. A mountain lion sighting has caused some trail closures in Cheyenne Mountain State Park. The article doesn't give many details.

Mountain lion forces closure of trails | mountain, lion, park - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

Twin Six METAL Team

Good job!

I don't see why they needed to close the trails. Just advise riders to bring slower friends!

Just kidding. Thanks for the info! I take my son out there regularly.

I'm with stupid
    The hunting range of a big predator like that covers the whole park. Silly they would close down some trails. I agree with Chris just bring slower friends and Cartman with his bear mace b!tch.....

Grams Light Bikes
    And lets see, the 2nd jogger ran when it encountered the mtn lion? Big mistake, that only sets off a chasing instinct. It was busy with a kill, face the lion, look big and walk slowly away. And unless they cleared away the carcass, it will be back to feed? Want to know how many lions are out there all the time, just go out after a light dusting of snow and see all the animal tracks, lions, fox and bear, etc. It's just rare to physically bump into anything, outside of the usual fox and coyote encounters.

Time to bring along the inflexible's for protection!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I was out there yesterday and one of the Rangers said all of the trails should be back open today. Like Pastajet said, the joggers reacted in the wrong way, what do people expect? The animals to wait until they are gone to do what comes naturally to them?

Respect the mustache
    If you see deer where you ride, you can bet there is a mountain lion roaming the area. I have seen a mtn lion at Lake Pueblo above the Waterfall Trail.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by pastajet View Post

Time to bring along the inflexible's for protection!
    What are you trying to say?

Maybe I'm just gettin old and slow but the Inflexor's are a buncha hammerheads these days