ENDO!!!

Good job! Cheyenne Mountain State park

Well I finally hit Cheyenne State park, I really dont know what took so long, since I live across the street (I live on Fort Carson). I hit it as a afterwork ride, riding straight from work, so I didnt have to pay the fee since I rode instead of drove. I have to say I was impressed, there was some wide gravel trails, but a lot of single track with some rocky technical section. They have some good maps, and you can get a decent ride by combining some of the trails. I give it a definite thumbs up
    Just circles turning circles....

on my 3rd wind...
    I rode there few times. Real singletracks are fun and bit techy but enough of them.

I didn't know that you don't have to pay when you ride into the park as suppose to driving into the park then ride.
    sth

Medicine Wheel Guy
    Rode there on Sunday morning, early and saw:

1 hawk, 2 rattlesnakes lying across the trail (big ones), 5 turkeys, a large pile of fresh bear poop, numerous prarie dogs, & assorted other wildlife. Oh, and not a single dog turd. All because they don't allow dogs.

Medicine Wheel Trail, Cougar Shadow, Blacker Loop are the best in the park.

They also just bought the top of the mountain, so within a year or so you will be able to ride to the top, all 5,000 feet of it above the parking lot.

Human Crayon
    I only hiked there once, but I did the loop that Martlet mentioned. Seems like it would be a pretty decent little climb with a fun, smooth, fast run down. While it didnt seem all that challenging, it def looked like fun...hope to get out there sometime after work, if it ever cools down.
    ..:: sleestak ::..
    [SIZE] Matters [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    I got to ride there back before the park was even open. I rode it twice, once on my mountain bike and once with my wife on our tandem. The entire park was nice, fresh cut singletrack. It was amazing.

Then I, unfortunately, came back after the park opened and I was shocked and disappointed that they had laid down the gravel/bike path crap. I haven't been back since. It went from really fun, tight singletrack to, well, a bike path. And, yes there is still some singletrack, but I am telling you the stuff that they killed was really fun. Not techy fun, but more a high speed, flowing, you better pay attention to what you're doing fun.

You know, it isn't bad, and it would be a great place to ride with beginners, but after knowing what it was and now seeing what it is, I think there are better options out there.

ENDO!!!
    Hit it up again today, because of where I live, my gas costs are zero. I hit some of the other trails, ended up making about a 15 mile loop and had a blast, hit it this morning, and when I left, it was 94 degrees and climbing.
    I finished up my camelbak, and if I hadnt I would have kept on riding! Have to say it ain't epic or extreme, but it sure is a lot of fun!
    Just circles turning circles....

Medicine Wheel Guy
    It's true that the majority of the trails are wider, baby butt smooth and non-technical. Also, we have been working with the management to solve the gravel issue.

On the plus side, there is plenty of climbing, it's a great place for intermediate riders, the wildlife is incredible, and for harder technical, try Medicine Wheel, Blackmer, and Cougar Shadow.

After the management saw how Cougar Shadow turned out, they have asked Medicine Wheel to consider building more, similar trails higher up in the park, so the future looks rosy.