mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Cheap lodging in Breckenride?

We have 3 people here in Michigan thinking about heading out to CO for the Breckenridge 100 on 7/15.

Since we need to acclimate we would arrive 1 week before the race.

Since it's already a lot of money we spend on just getting there I wonder if someone knows a small appartment/house that can be rented out for cheap $$$?

Thanks

Alex

"Oldfart from Wayback"

1 week isn't near enough time to acclimate for a race !

Quote Originally Posted by sander
    We have 3 people here in Michigan thinking about heading out to CO for the Breckenridge 100 on 7/15.

Since we need to acclimate we would arrive 1 week before the race.

1 week will barely let you ride at altitude, let alone race. 2 weeks min. to "start" to feel "normal"

Sorry I can't help on a cheap $ room. It's ski country and everything is $$$$.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Thanks for warning me! Sure, 2 or 3 weeks would be nice, but we did Leadville before, also with only 1 week to acclimate. Good enough for sub 9 h finishes!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Try http://www.gobrecknow.com/steepsavers/ It's last minute stuff though. You may also want to check out places in Frisco/Dillon/Silverthorne. Condo rentals in that area of the county are much cheaper than here in Breck. It's about a 15-20min drive into town depending on hwy9 traffic.

Velo Bling
    Aug 2005

Cheap lodging in Breckenridge

mtbr member
    May 2006

Breck100 lodging

Thanks for coming out ot the Breck 100!!!! Couple of options for ya. Beaver Run Resort is one of our race sponsors and they are doing a special rate for participants. I beleive it is 30% off the summer rate.. The other place I would call is the Frisco Lodge or the Frisco Best Western. You could also go to the Summit Daily News website and check that. You could also check for motels in Fairplay, Colorado. Good luck see you here on the 15th.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Thanks for the info, that is good stuff!
    Unfortunatelly we decided today to not head out there... too much $$$

Good luck to all of you in the race!

Alex

http://alexdolpp.blogspot.com