Thread: The Challenge

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

The Challenge

I was going to send a message to the site admin, but I figure it would be better off going directly to the source by posting it here!

----------------

Greetings!

The end of the mtb season is nearing and it is time to have a little fun. That means kickball! We all have some killer legs from the season of riding. Let's see if we can use them for anything besides riding a bike!

TrailCentral is challenging others forum driven, mountain biking websites to a kickball challenge in Broomfield, CO. Tentative date is September 8th.

That gives you a month to organize a team of 11 players, from your website community, that will be willing to embarrass themselves, eh em... I mean, challenge themselves as they take on other mountain biking websites in kickball.

Currently, TrailCentral has chosen 3 worthy opponents to invite to the inaugural kickball challenge. Depending on our response from these website, we will proceed and I assure you, if you decline, plenty of smack talk will ensue!

Hope your site is up to the challenge!

TC guru

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Uhhh... ummmm......

Kickball?

Have fun, I guess.

Thread Terrorist
    If I get the hall pass, I'm ridin'!

That's what she said
    Apr 2006
    hhhmmmmm. Fall riding on the bike or kickball.....tough choice. I choose riding.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sounds horrible- I'm riding instead.

skillz to pay billz
    the season will never end, even if I have to snowblower a course around the yard

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Hahahaha... Sorry couldn't help it, I had to ask.

So, you all don't like the first challenge, eh? What ever shall I do... Oh, I got it!

How about the Tour de Front Range is coming September 22, 2007! Last year we covered 54 miles and 9,604' in elevation gain. This year the course will be different, but equally as challenging and all of it on the Front Range!

Plus

I confirmed our first ever post ride dinner sponsor. DEAN Ultimate Bikes will be giving me some parts to auction off. All proceeds from the parts will be going to food and beverages to the riders who finish the course! I can't guarantee that it will cover your bill, but it will help it.

Hope to see you guys on the 22nd!

Inflexable...
    How about Dodgeball?
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Nice.

"If you can dodge wrenches, you can dodge balls" ~ Dodgeball - A True Underdog Story

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by TC guru
    Hahahaha... Sorry couldn't help it, I had to ask.

So, you all don't like the first challenge, eh? What ever shall I do... Oh, I got it!

How about the Tour de Front Range is coming September 22, 2007! Last year we covered 54 miles and 9,604' in elevation gain. This year the course will be different, but equally as challenging and all of it on the Front Range!

Plus

I confirmed our first ever post ride dinner sponsor. DEAN Ultimate Bikes will be giving me some parts to auction off. All proceeds from the parts will be going to food and beverages to the riders who finish the course! I can't guarantee that it will cover your bill, but it will help it.

Hope to see you guys on the 22nd!
    I should be there since I started it a long time ago...