mtbr member

Centennial Cone this Sat / May 14???

Have had a group ride at Centennial Cone on the calendar for Sat / May 14 for several weeks. Had not planned on the rain/snow of the past several days! Anyone know if the Mayhem Gulch Trail is rideable? Thanks!

mtbr member
    I am planning on hitting it tomorrow morning, I expect no problems with Mayhem given its southern exposure, but I do have some worry about the ride around the top and expect that in the shade there will still be snow.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I rode it today and Mayhem was in great shape - no snow on it, juniper or the section of travois that I did. Not even in the shaded areas.

Rustycar
    The meadow is closed until later in June. You can only do it as an out and back. Still a great ride, but not a loop.
    http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/opensp...e_T56_R115.htm
    www.FreesNotFree.blogspot.com
    Everyone starts out as the FNG...

mtbr member

Rode the Cone on Saturday

Thanks for the info, guys!
    I and several friends rode the Mayhem Gulch Trail on Saturday. It was gloomy and cold (temp hovered between 39 and 42 degrees), with sprinkles of rain on the way down, but we had a good ride. Trail conditions were generally quite good. I was surprised that there were a couple dozen other riders (and two hikers) on the trail, despite the yucky weather.
    I know we need the moisture, but Denver is beginning to feel like Seattle . . . . .