l i v i n'

Centennial Cone Directions and Camping?

Could someone post directions to centennial cone from denver and any good local campgrounds in the area? backcountry is fine just somewhere to crash for the night instead of driving back to denver

skillz to pay billz
    I'm sure the home owners by the north parking lot won't mind if you camp on their lawn.

keep in mind, if you're going up on the weekend you'll have to hike one of the days.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Chad,

Depending on which of the three lots you want to start from the directions are below (and on the Jeffco page). Not sure about camping, but it's like an hour drive to get to the North lot from Englewood, so it isn't that far away. Let me know if you need any further info or give me a call!

http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/opensp...ce_T56_R95.htm

Getting There
    North Access -- Horse Trailers permitted. Take Colorado Hwy. 93 north from Golden approximately one mile to Golden Gate Canyon Rd. Travel west about 8 miles to Robinson Hill Rd. Travel west about eight miles to Robinson Hill Rd. Turn left and continue to Camino Perdido, the north access road into the park. The trailhead is approximately one mile to the south.

West Access -- No horse trailers allowed. From West U.S. Hwy. 6 and State Hwy. 93 west of Golden, travel west on Hwy. 6 about 11 miles. Turn right at Hwy. 119, and travel about 1/2 mile. Turn right onto Douglas Mountain Road and travel about one mile to Centennial Cone Road. Turn right and travel and go about a mile to Centennial Cone Rd., the west entry to the park

John

mtbr member
    might be able to camp at white ranch (very close to cent cone's north lot). linkage here.
    just a thought.

skillz to pay billz
    just north of blackhawk on 119 theres a left turn up a dirt road, might be something up there

Rolling
    Lots of camping at golden gate state park...and since you have to pay, you might as well ride there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Lots of camping at golden gate state park...and since you have to pay, you might as well ride there.

Words of wisdom. Hell, CC isn't worth *driving to but that's just my 2 cents worth. GG has the goods.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

l i v i n'
    i think we are going to check it out anyway...I am riding with my lady, so i think it will be good for her. Thanks for the camping suggestions.