Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Centennial Cone Conditions?

1K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Yetigirl 
#1 ·
So, I NEVER have the opportunity to ride during the week ... unless, of course, there's an inland hurricane brewing outside.

Is Centennial Cone open and rideable? and would it be safe with the wind?

Any other trail suggestions for this morning? I would really like to ride SOMEWHERE since I have the morning off.

Thanks!

#4 ·
Carolina Girl said:
So, I NEVER have the opportunity to ride during the week ... unless, of course, there's an inland hurricane brewing outside.

Any other trail suggestions for this morning? I would really like to ride SOMEWHERE since I have the morning off.

Thanks!
Please keep in mind that the trail on the northern part of the park (which compltes the loop) is closed for Elk Calving season. CC will be out and back for a while.

#6 ·
Carolina Girl said:

Thanks!
Rode Mathew Winters and Falcon on Saturday. MW was very muddy, Falcon was perfect. Anyone know how White Ranch is doing?

#10 ·
Carolina Girl said:
Out and back ... yuckO.

I can't thoroughly enjoy bombing the downhill without the little Devil whispering in my ear "YOU REALIZE, this is going to suck ASS climbing back out." Go to hell Devil ;)

Thanks for the input everybody.
Are you kidding? If you start at Mayhem Gulch and do it as an out-and-back you get, by my count, SIX downhills, including a ripping descent back into the Mayhem Gulch parking lot. What's not to love about that?

#12 ·
topmounter said:
Apparently the mountain biking ban at CC so elk calving is not disturbed works better than my attempt at an elk calving ban in my yard so mountain bikers in training are not disturbed :p
It's not a MTB band. No users can use the trail. According to JCOS, this is one of the last "wild" migrating elk heards, so they are trying o preserve that.

#14 ·
smmokan said:
^^^ I agree... out and back from Mayhem Gulch could be better than the loop itself.

There isn't a climb at CC that should make you think "this is going to suck ass"... and I'm not even a good climber.
Yes, there are no "ass sucking" climbs at Centennial. I'm not speaking about CC specifically ... just out and backs in general.

I do love to climb, just prefer to not go up what I just came down.

#15 ·
Carolina Girl said:
Yes, there are no "ass sucking" climbs at Centennial. I'm not speaking about CC specifically ... just out and backs in general.

I do love to climb, just prefer to not go up what I just came down.
Centennial Cone is the exception here. While the loop is pretty killer, you bypass a lot of doubletrack as an out and back and you don't have to decide on clockwise vs counterclockwise direction (as each has its benefits there) and get to do both. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.