Big Boned

UPDATE -- CCC -- North Empire Ride -- August 5 --

Hey all --

Early head's up, we're doing a big ride the morning of August 5, some Smedley singletrack up in an area called North Empire.

Meeting @ 8:30 AM at the baseball field in Empire, ride @ 9 -- 70 to 40 (toward Winter Park) then left on Main Street, the ballfield will be on your left.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND coming up a little early and grabbing breakfast at the Hard Rock Cafe. Damn good ommelettes and homemade sourdough toast. Yum!

Smed's still working out the route and details, so I know nothing about the terrain, distance, or pretty much anything. But he's been talking about a trail up there that's "like Kessel Run on acid." If you're familiar with that particular trail in Fruita, it should give you some idea of what this downhill might be like.

Afterwards, you can hang out and check out the tunes at the Empire Blues Fest.

Hope to see y'all there! All are welcome, but the standard warning applies -- big climbs, high altitude, yadda yadda. As usual, no whiners.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Manmountain Dense; 07-29-2007 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Updated Time Information
    Never rub another man's rhubarb.

lone rider

North Empire trail work

Just talked to Smedley today He has been working on cleaning and connecting the route and won't have any time to ride until after the Blues Fest. He could use some help if anyone is interested let us know .

I am planning on riding North Empire this Saturday I want to ride the CDNST from Bill More Lake to Fall River then down to Dumont and back Silver Creek From Georgetown itís about a 28 mile loop, Any one want to join in? [SIZE="5"] bring your binki![/SIZE]

Big Boned
    Quote Originally Posted by big galoot
    [SIZE="5"] bring your binki![/SIZE]
    Yo B - you gotta get call waiting...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I just saw this post, and I really want to get up to CCC soon. Any plans to ride up there on Sunday? I'm just not very familiar with anything up that way.

I should be able to make the ride next Sunday.

lone rider

CCC Sunday 7/29

Quote Originally Posted by mountaincruiser
    I just saw this post, and I really want to get up to CCC soon. Any plans to ride up there on Sunday? I'm just not very familiar with anything up that way.

I should be able to make the ride next Sunday.
    I talked to the owner of Van Eden Guest Ranch today. He is going to show me a trail that takes off from Echo Mountain Park and goes to the ranch. Itís a downhill shuttle. He said there are no climbs so you can bring your downhill bike if you got one. Iím not much into the downhill scene but I want to check it out.

We should have time for another shuttle Warren Gulch or mm 15 shuttle.

Any one else ?

Meet me at the Indian Springs Resort (hot springs) in Idaho Springs at 8:45 a.m. so we can figure out the shuttle. for 9:00 start
    later

Big Boned
    I was planning to hit Barbour in the morning and rake / ride, I'll be in the lot at 9, but I'll be up there earlier than that to hike in with my rake...

I talked to the owner of Van Eden Guest Ranch today. He is going to show me a trail that takes off from Echo Mountain Park and goes to the ranch. Itís a downhill shuttle. He said there are no climbs so you can bring your downhill bike if you got one. Iím not much into the downhill scene but I want to check it out.

Any one else ?

Meet me at the Indian Springs Resort (hot springs) in Idaho Springs at 8:45 a.m. so we can figure out the shuttle. for 9:00 start
    later

lone rider

Empire Blues Fest #7

Big Boned
    Change of plans - anyone going to Barbour -- I'm going to shuttle with Brian...

Big Boned
    Spoke to Smed. This ride will be 15-20 miles, climbing on Jeep road and singletrack, with a long singletrack downhill that's like the "Kessel Run" only, steeper -- e.g. down the length of a gulley, rolling from side to side like a half-pipe. He's guessing 3,500 of climbing/descending. I'll be up there on Thursday to scope it out and maybe even ride some of it, so I will post an update after that.

COME ON UP!!! Bring the kids and the wife and park them at Blues Fest while we ride, and then hang out afterwards. Should be a good time.

Meet @ 8:30, ride @ 9:00. See directions in the OP.

lone rider

New Trail

Any one else ?
    later
    Lost my fender and the two guys I was riding with but I found a new trail! Here's some photos

ECHO MOUNTAIN

FOLLOW THE RED DOTS

Hope to see you all at the Blues Fest ride.

Big Boned
    Just bumping this to the top -- come one, come all, meeting up Sunday morning @ 8:30 at the ballfield in Empire. I'm going to check out the route tomorrow, will post again once I have more info.

Hope to see you there!