mtbr member

Castle Rock riders

Hello all,

I just moved back to colorado after a year and a half being in Florida. I was wondering where all the castle rock riders go for a quick morning or afternoon ride. I used to live in westminster and was riding mathews/winters, mt falcon area alot. but now that i am way down south i was hoping there are some closer trails...thanks in advance

mtbr member
    May 2004
    west Monument you have 3 ride areas

1) works trails - network of nice flowy trails, not to much elevation gain

2) stupid or stinky trail (can't remember which one it is) - ride up Mt Herman road about 4 or 5 miles. Instead of taking a right and going up and down into Limbaugh Canyon you take a left on to stupid/stinky. It parallels Mt Herman road to the east. Very nice trail, highly technical in lots of areas it then flows down into the works trails

3) big Limbaugh Canyon ride - ride Mt Herman road up 4 or 5 miles and then go around the backside of Mt Herman and flow down Limbaugh Canyon. Problem is there is a land dispute at the end. they currently want you to take a detour that ends up in Palmer Lake. Haven't done this ride this year because of that but I think the dispute will come to an end soon.

Go to Balanced Rock bike shop for a map and full details of where to ride around Monument

Thunder Chunky
    What kind of riding do you do? If you dh/fr theres not much around here except you can come over to my house and I got alittle bit of stuff. If you are looking for more of AM/XC then there is an open space over in Franktown that is pretty close. Also one along I-25 as you are heading to the south. Cant remember what it is called. Green something openspace.
    Purple Popcorn

mtbr member
    Hidden Mesa is pretty neat. Trailhead is just north of the Pikes Peak Grange on 83 (Parker Road), north of Franktown but a couple miles south of the south end of Parker (Ponderosa High School).
    - Brian
    '07 Gary Fisher X-Caliber 29er - stock
    '99 Giant Iguana SE
    '86 4Runner
    '86 SVO

Thunder Chunky
    Quote Originally Posted by Asha'man
    Hidden Mesa is pretty neat. Trailhead is just north of the Pikes Peak Grange on 83 (Parker Road), north of Franktown but a couple miles south of the south end of Parker (Ponderosa High School).
    Yeah thats the one in Franktown iI was talking about...definetly not much in the way of dh but it is still a good place to go and screw around at that is close. If you XC its a good place. Not very crowded but the majority of the people out there(at least when ive been out there) are horse back riders.
    Purple Popcorn