Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Castle Rock Pump Track and Freeride Park

I hear that Castle Rock has approvals to build a pump track and freeride park on the soon to be open Ryolite Park. They have said they will get the supplies and need the mountain bike community to come in with force and build it. Would there be any takers to have a trail day or three and get this thing built? Let me know.

BRC

Shoulda went faster
    I'd be interested in lending a hand. Just post up some dates.

mtbr member
    i would be down for sure. when is this going to take place?

My leg feels funny
    I'm down when time comes.

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    I'm down. Post up the details.

mtbr member
    I would be down for that

VooDoo user.
    I just noticed that everyone replied "DOWN". Who the HECK is "UP"!?!?!?

Perpetual slow motion
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    Beat me to it!
    The more I drink, the smarter you get.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR

People in the Springs???

Thunder Chunky
    Hot diggity damn something here in Castle Rock? I will be available to build every weekend and every afternoon during the summer(only available weekends until end of May then I can do it pretty much every afternoon) lol. Where is it going to be? I havent heard of this ryolite park that you speak of. When would it start being built?

Sorry got alittle too excited there...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    That is a lot of good response. The park is south of castle Rock on the crystal valley mesa. They have named it Ryolite but it looks like they are going to let the mountain bikers name the freeride park. I think the park should open end of may and we would like to have the pump track in place by then. After that we will start the raised bridges and freeride aspects. I will keep posting when I get the dates. The more people we can get the better. I would like to have it built and functional by the end of summer. I will keep you up to date.

mtbr member
    What's your idea of a Freeride park? Are we talking a few 2 ft ladder drops and a couple of teeters? I'd prefer a flow park with a smooth fast run with bermed corners with some tabletops, stepdowns, and drops. Does this place have any elevation?

Awesomist™
    I might be up for this if someone has more information...
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Your retarded
    I'm interested. I'd certainly be open to coming out to build days if the time's available to do so.
    A trail that’s too difficult wouldn’t exist because it’d never be used. But, trails can exist that’re too difficult for you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I will get info up as soon as I can get the build days from the town. As for the park it is an open slate right now. We will have the ability to do just about anything. We have looked at the freeride park in the springs and although it is good for that area we want to make a much larger version. All ideas are welcomed and appreciated. I would like to get together a meeting at the site with people and everyone throw out ideas so we could start a design. I will let you know dates as I get them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    You bet....I'm there!!

Stand back
    Fork Yeah! I'll be there if my schedule cooperates.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Rocket Scientist
    I'm in as well. That's in my area of town. I will be available to help out as well. Will this area also include some DJ's?

I have some junior riders on the team that'd be willing to throw in some shovels and what not to help build!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Details?

Sounds like a great project. How about some details? What land agency? Website links? Who is planning it? Just wanting to be up to speed so we can share the news.

Thunder Chunky
    This is what I know so far...It will open may 3 2008(Im guessing this is when they would allow us to start building.) "Staff is working with Arrowhead Trails and individuals from the community to construct a Challenge Course at the Regional Park." Other than that I dont know much about the bike part of it but I am trying to find some stuff out.

Heres some more info about the park its self:
    "Rhyolite Regional Park, which includes Quarry Mesa and Madge Trail will open on May 3,2008. This 174-acre park in Crystal Valley Ranch will feature nearly two acres of synthetic turf, a large playground, off-street parking, concrete and soft-surface trails, a reserved-use picnic pavilion and two small pavilions, permanent restrooms and a multi-use court for tennis, basketball and inline skating."

Also there is supposedly going to be another trail system that is going in:
    Also, the Town of Castle Rock is working on plans to create an 8-mile native-surface trail system in the Meadows South and Red Hawk Open Space area. This trail will open this spring and will travel through valleys and ridgelines of the 370-acre open space property. Visitors can take in views of the Front Range to the west and the Town below as they traverse through open grasslands and Gambel Oak. 6202 Cycling Club, in conjunction with the Town’s Parks and Recreation Department, will be hosting beginning, intermediate and expert level rides through the property on Saturday, June 7 for National Trails Day."

Ill let everyone know if I get any more info about either one of them...

Thunder Chunky
    Got some more info today:
    "We are in the being stages of planning the bike park for the new Rhyolite Regional Park site so a start date has not been established. We are anticipating beginning construction this summer or fall. We would certainly appreciate any help with labor to build the bike park. Also, the Town likes to use volunteers to assist with certain project to give the community a sense of pride and ownership in the project they assist with."

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

More info

So the hope is to have at least the pump track done by june. We have the ability and the tools out there to push and move some dirt. As for the freeride park we would like to have a design and plan in place by june to start the construction this summer. I am trying to set up an initial meeting to have people over to the site and talk through a design. I will post by monday with a date for that.

MountainMafia "Boss"
    Sounds good and its niceto see some of the local towns planning on bike parks. I just hope the new park has a good flow to it with ladders, bridges, etc.

I'd totally be down to throw in some manual labor... and look forward to someone posting some buidl dates. With me and the fam moving to Highlands Ranch in the near future it would be convenient to have a park as close as CR.
    "Live to ride... FREERIDE to live!!!!!!"

mtbr member

Hell Yeah

I'm in.

Please post meeting time location when available.

Live next to Red Hawk and already have seen some rough in trails.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Any Updates

Is there any updates on this?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast