Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Castle Rock group ride?

Anyone up for a group ride Wednesday evening at 6 p.m.? We missed last week because we thought the trails would be too muddy; we were wrong............

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Ridgeline?

mtbr member
    I can do Friday!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonyf View Post
    Ridgeline?
    Ridgeline; but I am up for suggestions.

Newb
    Apr 2012
    You guys should check out Spruce mountain trail south of Castle Rock.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'd be interested, Not sure what pace you guys ride at, but I'd be willing to try and keep up. Spruce Mt would be ok, but it is about 16 miles south of Castle Rock, so it would be difficult for me to get down there on a weekday by 6pm.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by afletcher View Post
    I'd be interested, Not sure what pace you guys ride at, but I'd be willing to try and keep up. Spruce Mt would be ok, but it is about 16 miles south of Castle Rock, so it would be difficult for me to get down there on a weekday by 6pm.
    I am not exactly fast...........show up and have some fun. We might be the only two to show up.

mtbr member
    Ridgeline Trail at 6 p.m. at the Coachline trail head.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I'd consider joining in but don't know my way to "Ridgeline Trail at 6 p.m. at the Coachline trail head".

I'm an old guy from Highlands Ranch and available Wed @ 6pm.
    Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I am interested in future rides..I ride ridgeline often since it is close enough...I am not sure I will make it today though..

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wmodavis View Post
    I'd consider joining in but don't know my way to "Ridgeline Trail at 6 p.m. at the Coachline trail head".

I'm an old guy from Highlands Ranch and available Wed @ 6pm.
    Depending where in Highlands Ranch, you want to head south to Meadows Blvd. You can get there either off of I25 or HWY85. Head west on Meadows Blvd. Go straight through both stop lights adjacent to the movie theater. Follow Meadows Blvd up the hill, Coachline is going to be a left turn lane in the middle of a long sweeping right hand turn (about 1/4 mile from the main stop light interesection). You will head up the hill and the parking area will be on your right.

I may swingover for this since it is in my hood. If so, I'll be on a Giant reignx.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    OK! Thanks. I'll try to be there. How long of a ride do you anticipate? And what sort of a trail can I expect? I usually ride alone so it will be good to do a group ride and meet whoever shows.
    Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save

Alaskan in exile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinone View Post
    Ridgeline Trail at 6 p.m. at the Coachline trail head.
    I probably won't be able to make it this week (4/25). I've got sick kids at home; unless they are feeling a lot better today, I'll have to relieve my mom from watching them after work.
    nanook93
    Ride what you like, like what you ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    The trails are mostly smooth. Not a lot of rock. There are some corners that are a little tighter than the preceding trail would indicate they should be, so take some caution if you are in the lead, or set yourself up in the middle or back so you can see the sharp corners. Some hard pack trail with some pebbles on top that make things a little dicey in places. All in all, I really love the trails. They cut some new ones last year and they have ridden in very well. I don't know which way most people ride these...just the way I ride them. Since I live in the neighborhood, I access off of Opportunity Drive normally.

There is no sustained climbing IMO. I think the longest climb is maybe 3 minutes. (south side near wolfensberger back up to the top). I ride everything in my 34 tooth chainring and don't have any issues.

edit: There is the potential to ride 10 miles of trail without counting dirt twice. On these trails, that could be a relatively quick ride. I have not been on the trail west of the ridge that was cut last year, since it was originally opened. I have heard it packed in well, but if not, it could be soft.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks TCR looking forward to the ride.

The 5th knuckle
    I'm out this week. Dinner with the folks tonight and 4H on Friday.

The 5th knuckle
    Saturday morning early anyone?

mtbr member
    OK! Thanks. I'll try to be there. How long of a ride do you anticipate? And what sort of a trail can I expect? I usually ride alone so it will be good to do a group ride and meet whoever shows.
    TCR1 gave you a good description above^^^^^^. While I know that the fast riders can do the 10 mile loop in about 45 - 50 minutes ; our ride last week was just under 70 minutes of ride time. If you add in the stops and talking, it took us about 90 minutes to complete the 10 miles.

The trail is flowy with some punchy climbs and some very tight (and many blind) corners. I believe the ten mile loop is about 1,000' elevation gain. Is is a fun trail and is a surpisingly good workout.

We will see you at the trail head.

Alaskan in exile.

Ridgeline

How long of a ride do you anticipate? And what sort of a trail can I expect?
    Here is a GPS activity I rode last year about this time. All the new sections had just recently opened. I rode all the loops in both directions and included an Redhawk out-&-back over on the east side of Coachline.

Ridgeline Open Space

If you dabble with Google Earth, you can export the activity as a .kml file and manipulate the view to get an idea of the terrain.
    nanook93

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks Jeff and Aaron. Good ride! Again my appologies for mixup.
    Bill

mtbr member
    Thanks Jeff and Aaron. Good ride! Again my appologies for mixup.
    Bill
    I also enjoyed our ride. Great company and great weather. Thanks you Bill and Aaron.

Alaskan in exile.

Saturday Dawn Patrol?

Quote Originally Posted by jaycastlerock View Post
    Saturday morning early anyone?
    Did you get any takers? I am interested and an early riser. What time were you thinking?
    nanook93

The 5th knuckle
    6:30 or 7:00. Try two loops.

Alaskan in exile.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycastlerock View Post
    6:30 or 7:00. Try two loops.
    I'm in for 7:00 and two loops. Coachline trailhead, I assume?
    nanook93

The 5th knuckle
    Yeap. Coachline @ 7:00

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast