Heads up Flyboy!!

In Case You Were Wondering

This is what will be in my pack tomorrow during a Fat Bike Ride at Buffalo Creek..That is all.

In Case you were wondering

Now with 20% more fat!!
    I was wondering...

I also wondered how your ride was in BC? Hope it was all awesome and your pics will be posted soon!

Dickhouse
    Dec 2010
    Two of my favorites! Good choice sir.

Light freak

MGE is in the zone!

Dude , I am totally envious. You have been killing it with awesome rides here lately. Hope you have a good one in Buff Creek.

You should have posted up the ride stokage from your Lair of the Snow Bear Ride. Looks like some great times and some great photos also.

Heads up Flyboy!!
    Oh yeah, riding has been good of late. A fortunate accident made consuming the Coffee Stout at 8am a necessity...I know lucky right?

I'll post more later....but till then

P1100003

old skool newbie
    Can you give us a brief run down on the clothing you had on, please? I got couple hours in yesterday in the snow and am still having issues with condensation and freezing. It was a great ride though, fresh tracks through the beaver brook watershed.

Heads up Flyboy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Can you give us a brief run down on the clothing you had on, please? I got couple hours in yesterday in the snow and am still having issues with condensation and freezing. It was a great ride though, fresh tracks through the beaver brook watershed.
    Yea man, Sunday was chilly. I believe the humidity was high adding to the chilliness.

Head to toe...this is what I usually wear when its below 15 degrees...I had to wear it Sunday and my GPS was reading between 25-32 degrees

45Nrth Lung Cookie Balaclava

Short sleeve Base layer summer weight

Long Sleeve Base Layer Fall weight

Long Sleeve Merino Wool Jersey

Light weight Rain Jacket (downhills only during this ride)

Bib Tights

Club Ride Shorts

Summer Wool Socks (GBS)

Seal Skinz Socks mid weight

Northwave Celcius Arctic shoes

Light weight Mechanics gloves

Pogies made for Quad Runners adapted to the bike...

Write up and pics from the ride

Goat in a Turtle Shell: Fried Buffalo N Icecream

P1090946

Light freak
    Those are some great pics MGE

^^Got this one posted up outside my cube!

mtbr member
    Why only 2 beers? I'm totally confused. If weight is an issue add more cans.
    P

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    While I hate to steer this away from the ride and the ride stoke as it looks like a fantastic time was had, I've been intrigued by the chocolate milk stout for a while now. How is it?

old skool newbie

clothing optional

"Head to toe...this is what I usually wear when its below 15 degrees...I had to wear it Sunday and my GPS was reading between 25-32 degrees" - MGE

That's pretty close to what I usually wear also, but have been experimenting with putting a windproof layer on after a thin base T and heavier weight long sleeve, then I put on an outer insulating layer (usually fleece). It's sort of the same theory as the vapor barrier socks - to keep the moisture from over wicking/wetting through all layers. Sunday it was snowing pretty hard so I added another 'waterproof' layer over the top of that and while I was warm the whole time, I did get freezing condensation inside the windbreaker. Its all part of the fun, at least for me. It may bore others.

So lets talk about beer then. The Breck brewery Chocolate Stout is okay, perhaps that Lugene would be better. The coffee stout in a can - now that is a good breakfast drink.

Nice Buff Picture! I look forward to reading your blog post...

Light freak

Trying to keep this thread on topic!

Just kidding.

I really dig my PolarTec stuff. I now look for this material in all of my clothing. Warm, breathes real well, and feels good against the skin.

old skool newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by scar View Post
    I really dig my PolarTec stuff. I now look for this material in all of my clothing. Warm, breathes real well, and feels good against the skin.
    sheesh Scar, just because I make fun of your pink coat too many times and you don't have to go and buy a brown polartec coat.

The 5th knuckle
    Quote Originally Posted by scar View Post
    ,,,,,, and feels good against the skin.
    So.... where are you wearing this "PolarTec" at? Does your wife know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

Light freak
    Originally posted by jaycatlerock
    So.... where are you wearing this "PolarTec" at? Does your wife know?
    I don't even think she knows I ride bikes.

PolarTec and Turtle Fur on the head

PolarTec base layers (upper and lower)

PolarTec shirt

Originally posted by goldenboy
    sheesh Scar, just because I make fun of your pink coat too many times and you don't have to go and buy a brown polartec coat.
    I think the final straw was when me and Dano where FIFO'ing one morning and he was leading. He topped out on a climb and there was a couple up there that he started chatting to as he was waiting for me to catch up (cause I am old, just ask GIANTkiiler). The male asked Dan if him and his "lady" got out in the mornings much.

Chairman of the Beard
    It's stupid good. Having had their milk stout, it tasted like I'd expect, and my expectations were very high.

Quote Originally Posted by DanD View Post
    While I hate to steer this away from the ride and the ride stoke as it looks like a fantastic time was had, I've been intrigued by the chocolate milk stout for a while now. How is it?
    The correct number of bikes one should own is N+1, where N is the number of bikes currently owned.

Heads up Flyboy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hirschmj View Post
    It's stupid good. Having had their milk stout, it tasted like I'd expect, and my expectations were very high.
    Agreeing with this astute Review of the beer.. So stupid good my eyes crossed after a few.