mtbr member

Calling out the idiots in the white Dodge Dakota...

...who were shuttling Chimney Gulch!? Thanks for curb-hucking a root close to the top of Chimney while I was climbing it, and not yielding! If I hadn't pulled over, I'm sure your helmet cam would have caught my face, up close and personal As it is, you almost sampled dirt because you curb-hucked yourself into some off camber loose...great choice of moves when there's people down trail from you!
    I also heard some yelling after you past me. What did you do, yell at the trail runner who warned me there was an idiot on trail, to get out of your inept-bike-handling-ass' way?
    DAMN, where were those ticketing (romp) rangers when there was a need for them!?

I have to ask the rest of you, if you were up by the botanical center in full DH getup, why would you choose to do Chimney instead of Apex? Most likely some n00bs showing up at Mines for the fall semester! They were circling in Windy Saddle lot, looking dazed and confused when I crested the road.
    I came down Apex at about 6:15pm today, roughly 10 mins after my encounter w/ that bozo, and there was but ONE hiker on the trail!

skillz to pay billz
    there's still something to huck in jeffco?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOby
    there's still something to huck in jeffco?
    Upper Chimney is pretty DAMN smooth...more of a get-fit trail and a complete shadow of its former self. But there are natural features that can't be taken out. The root the bozo hucked was all of 4" and he only just pulled it off, landing in a front wheel wash...pff!

skillz to pay billz
    I'm glad I haven't experienced jeffco much, you can't miss what you don't know

mtbr member
    If there's cloud cover tomorrow, I'm thking Walker Ranch

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y
    I think there is a International Christian ride at Walker tomorrow, maybe you could join them. I heard they were gonna have a huck session.

percocet pioneer.
    I have to ask the rest of you, if you were up by the botanical center in full DH getup, why would you choose to do Chimney instead of Apex? Most likely some n00bs showing up at Mines for the fall semester! They were circling in Windy Saddle lot, looking dazed and confused when I crested the road.
    I came down Apex at about 6:15pm today, roughly 10 mins after my encounter w/ that bozo, and there was but ONE hiker on the trail!
    Because then there would be an ADDITIONAL ten people ranting about the "idiots" in DH "getup".

..and just because there wasn't anybody on apex when you rode it doesn't mean that that's the usual. Either way, apex gets really old really fast. (You can find me at white ranch).

Thread Terrorist
    ...and we wonder why Jeffco is dishing out tickets...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Get pics of you riding the entire Portage. Love to see 'em.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by $ally Hu$tle
    Because then there would be an ADDITIONAL ten people ranting about the "idiots" in DH "getup".

..and just because there wasn't anybody on apex when you rode it doesn't mean that that's the usual. Either way, apex gets really old really fast. (You can find me at white ranch).
    Oh no, don't get me wrong, Apex was most definitely unusually deserted...it should have been a zoo on there for a Sat afternoon at dusk, considering the cloud cover in the afternoon. The question I posed was to point out if you were filming w/ a helmet cam, Apex might have been much more of a trail vs. that of Chimney's artifically groomed, technicially unchallenging personality, crowded or not...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Get pics of you riding the entire Portage. Love to see 'em.
    Decided to go to Red Rocks and start dryland for the coming ski season (got WORKED!). I'll try and hit it next week, but there might be a chance I'm going up to Steamboat to ride Rabbit Ears Pass to Fish Creek Falls downhill. If I find some buddies to do it w/, I'll have them shoot some pics for you... Hell, you should come! Borrow your 5 Spot back for a day...you'll like it...ask SylentK, he's done it.
    We'll go hit the Rio after and get some TASTY strawberry margs!

Thread Terrorist
    Oh no, don't get me wrong, Apex was most definitely unusually deserted.....
    Last free full weekend before Jeffco School starts, so, everyone and their rednecked pickup dogs and family were up in the mountains this weekend.... NOt to mention Crankworx and the MSC Race at Solvista. Traffic was horrible on I-70 at noon.

Which I don't get, if you're going up to camp, why get up and out so freekin' early?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    Last free full weekend before Jeffco School starts, so, everyone and their rednecked pickup dogs and family were up in the mountains this weekend.... NOt to mention Crankworx and the MSC Race at Solvista. Traffic was horrible on I-70 at noon.

Which I don't get, if you're going up to camp, why get up and out so freekin' early?
    To beat the traffic.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    To beat the traffic.
    Funny, but they all end up causing it. starting at 9:30

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    Funny, but they all end up causing it. starting at 9:30
    One time I saw I-70 eastbound stopped at the turnoff to Berthoud Pass. I said "f1ck it" and got off the highway, went all the way up and over Trail Ridge Road at about 7pm. Turned out all the RVers were eating dinner and I had the road to myself. A very enjoyable drive. I think gas was about a dollar a gallon then so the decision wasn't as tough as it'd be today.