Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944

    Calling all bums, unemployed losers, slackers, students, and others

    Anyone want to ride Buff Creek tomorrow?

  2. #2
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,119
    Very tempting...was thinking about a buff creek ride just yesterday.

    I'm deciding at the moment whether to call in sick.....
    **shuffling through phone numbers now**

  3. #3
    Inflexable...
    Reputation: kchri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    Anyone want to ride Buff Creek tomorrow?
    Someday you will have a real job.



    Do have fun now though....
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by kchri
    Someday you will have a real job.



    Do have fun now though....
    October 1st. I realize how fleeting my free time is. You guys should feel sorry for me. I have to go to New York City this week, then I return to ten days of biking, then I am going to Spain for two weeks, then I come back to see my folks in Carbondale, then I start work as public finance attorney!

    Somewhere, Issac Stern is slaying the world's smallest violin and playing a sad, sad, sad song.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bikergal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    October 1st. I realize how fleeting my free time is. You guys should feel sorry for me. I have to go to New York City this week, then I return to ten days of biking, then I am going to Spain for two weeks, then I come back to see my folks in Carbondale, then I start work as public finance attorney!

    Somewhere, Issac Stern is slaying the world's smallest violin and playing a sad, sad, sad song.
    Sounds like you and I have the same problem

    Thursday is last day of work for 11days, then off to NYC on Sunday til the 8th and then start new job at large lawfirm on the 10th.

    Oh rode BC yesterday with some friends. It was great.
    Ride Fast, Take Chances!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikergal
    t large lawfirm
    I am a large lawfirmer too. Which one?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bikergal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    I am a large lawfirmer too. Which one?
    This one:www.fostergraham.com
    Ride Fast, Take Chances!

  8. #8
    post-ride specialist
    Reputation: icegeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,013
    perhaps something more adventurous?
    Since when did Need have anything to do with this?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by icegeek
    perhaps something more adventurous?
    what are you thinking?

  10. #10
    post-ride specialist
    Reputation: icegeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,013
    CT Kenosha->Georgia, Jeff Ck down?
    Since when did Need have anything to do with this?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by icegeek
    CT Kenosha->Georgia, Jeff Ck down?
    When i drove back from Monarch last week, I couldn't help but think that I really need to get back and ride that route. Unfortunately, with my already late start and impending thunderstorms this afternoon, not likely today.

  12. #12
    post-ride specialist
    Reputation: icegeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,013
    This goes out to all you who had last weekend off... it rocked.



    The weather held and the overcast made for some nearly fall-like, cool riding conditions.



    Returning, just before the bench I glanced over my shoulder and gave a nonchalant chuckle. Today timing was on my side, despite the late start.


    The rain started as I enjoyed a fine redehydrating beverage at the car.
    Since when did Need have anything to do with this?

  13. #13
    I like to ride my bike
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    50
    Get out there early. We almost got killed by lightning and hail cause we lollygagged on the way out there last week.

    Seriously, riding on top of a ridge, in a burn area, during an intense thunderstorm is scary, not to mention 1/2" hail! Not a good Idea, especially when you are with your girlfriend.

  14. #14
    I like to ride my bike
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    50
    PS. The bucksnort saloon has to be the best place for an after ride/storm beer. On your way out 126 through pine take a right at the library and drive up the canyon to a little saloon that has been there forever.

    I have been going there for years after climbing/biking in the splatte.

  15. #15
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy Mercury
    PS. The bucksnort saloon has to be the best place for an after ride/storm beer. On your way out 126 through pine take a right at the library and drive up the canyon to a little saloon that has been there forever.

    I have been going there for years after climbing/biking in the splatte.
    Get the forest fire burger. :drool:

  16. #16
    post-ride specialist
    Reputation: icegeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy Mercury
    Get out there early. We almost got killed by lightning and hail cause we lollygagged on the way out there last week.

    Seriously, riding on top of a ridge, in a burn area, during an intense thunderstorm is scary, not to mention 1/2" hail! Not a good Idea, especially when you are with your girlfriend.

    You know, each of the 1000 or so oncoming cars you passed on the road driving home came closer to killing you than any of those lightning strikes. Just saying.
    Since when did Need have anything to do with this?

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ryguy79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    Somewhere, Issac Stern is slaying the world's smallest violin
    That poor innocent violin...

  18. #18
    That's what she said
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by icegeek
    You know, each of the 1000 or so oncoming cars you passed on the road driving home came closer to killing you than any of those lightning strikes. Just saying.
    Icegeek,

    When did you do kenosha pass, I was out there on Sunday with a buddy. I think we started on the trail around 8ish.

  19. #19
    I like to ride my bike
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    50
    Originally Posted by icegeek
    You know, each of the 1000 or so oncoming cars you passed on the road driving home came closer to killing you than any of those lightning strikes. Just saying.
    You didn't see how close the lightning was..... Seriously!

    It usually doesn't bother me that mutch, but with the GF in tow it's a little different.

  20. #20
    post-ride specialist
    Reputation: icegeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,013
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBOASIS
    Icegeek,

    When did you do kenosha pass, I was out there on Sunday with a buddy. I think we started on the trail around 8ish.

    Yesterday. (Start reading this thread from it's beginning, eh?)

    Around 8 I was drinking coffee and still thinking I was going to go to work. At 9:20 I made the mistake *cough* of calling-in (as I exited 470 @ 395) and got called back for a vitally important 47 seconds of work. An hour lost. I think it was noon before I started out.
    Since when did Need have anything to do with this?

  21. #21
    enlightened.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy Mercury

    but with the GF in tow it's a little different.
    Is she especially fearful of lightning or is this the protection instinct kicking in? I mean it's sweet and all when you guys do your guy thing, but I'm all growed up now and can figure out that lightning is bad on my own.

  22. #22
    I like to ride my bike
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    50
    Is she especially fearful of lightning or is this the protection instinct kicking in?
    Little bit of both. I think what I was trying to say was "I care more about her well being than my own and would feel like an ass if she got hit after I begged her to skip class and come out here with me".

    She's not as tough as many mt bike chicas are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •