mtbr member
    May 2007

C/S, Monument, or Buff Creek tomorrow?

Anyone want to do a big day at a steady pace. I'm kicking around ideas for a big loop around C/S, maybe going up to Monument, or even Buff Creek. Anybody feeling some strong legs for tomorrow?

I'm with stupid
    If you decide to shorten up your day let me know. If it gets down to my level of range miles i can do i would like to ride.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck
    If you decide to shorten up your day let me know. If it gets down to my level of range miles i can do i would like to ride.
    I'm thinking about PP tomorrow at 10:00 if you're interested (although I know you just hit PP last night).

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    kjbike...what time and what route are you thinking? i have a calculus 2 final until noon, but would be down to head out to buff creek afterwards. id be down for Baldy>Strawberry>Buck>Charlies>Sandy...or something to that effect. Im in pretty good shape, but this will be the most miles for me this season. Ive been riding 4 or 5 days a week..mostly at apex and 3 sisters (from the lake to the top of evergreeen mountain without stopping).

I'm with stupid
    Palmer park mid day on a sat on the first weekend thats nice this year? I think i will hide in monument. You should come.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by getupgetdown
    kjbike...what time and what route are you thinking? i have a calculus 2 final until noon, but would be down to head out to buff creek afterwards. id be down for Baldy>Strawberry>Buck>Charlies>Sandy...or something to that effect. Im in pretty good shape, but this will be the most miles for me this season. Ive been riding 4 or 5 days a week..mostly at apex and 3 sisters (from the lake to the top of evergreeen mountain without stopping).
    Looks like I'm doing Monument tomorrow. I will either ride home, or if you wanted to try Mtown I can stay to do more loops.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Hitech and Kristian; its looking like Mtown; probably about 9:45. I may either stay most of the day and do numerous loops or do the first ride with the group then pedal back to the springs via Rampart.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Quote Originally Posted by kjbike
    Hitech and Kristian; its looking like Mtown; probably about 9:45. I may either stay most of the day and do numerous loops or do the first ride with the group then pedal back to the springs via Rampart.

Well hell, when your done with that pedal up to BC and meet me for a night ride!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    May 2007
    PBR; if you're doing BC at night tomorrow I'm game.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    ive never ridden monument...in fact i know nothing about it...whats it all about?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by getupgetdown
    ive never ridden monument...in fact i know nothing about it...whats it all about?
    Its pure fun. There is a lot trail of trail climbing options and lots of climbing up Mt Herman Rd (dirt). All the descents are good, techy XC downs. Looks like we'll be riding there from about 10 to between 1 and 2. From there I'm probably heading all the way up to Rampart to explore a bit before doing a big trail descent into C/S.

Quote Originally Posted by kjbike
    PBR; if you're doing BC at night tomorrow I'm game.

Well- I am up in the air at the moment.....trying to get this job further along....send me your cell and i can let you know for sure.

the blog

mtbr member
    Can you post up some 411 on Monument? We'll be in Pueblo for some family stuff tomorrow and may be able to catch some riding on the way back. I've heard there's some good riding around there but know nothing about it.

Is there maps of the area? I'm sure I could stop at a local shop if there are good maps... or if you have gps routes, poste em up.

Thx!

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Man I was really thinking about a park ride...

I guess it sounds like Monument is the way to go though. I'm bringing the Knolly and bringing up the rear. I'm not in for Limbaugh though--I will peel of early somewhere.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ds2199
    Can you post up some 411 on Monument? We'll be in Pueblo for some family stuff tomorrow and may be able to catch some riding on the way back. I've heard there's some good riding around there but know nothing about it.

Is there maps of the area? I'm sure I could stop at a local shop if there are good maps... or if you have gps routes, poste em up.

Thx!
    Monument is best done with a local guide. The TH is easy to find and the good stuff is pretty easy to find if you have someone show you the first time. I don't know of any maps.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!

Thx!
    Exit I-25and head west. At the first 4 way stop, turn left and then turn into the strip mall on the right. Look for the bike riding Kokopeli and there is a bike shop under the sign. Tim will hook you up with a map and beta.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    Exit I-25and head west. At the first 4 way stop, turn left and then turn into the strip mall on the right. Look for the bike riding Kokopeli and there is a bike shop under the sign. Tim will hook you up with a map and beta.
    Thx!

We may give it a shot on Sunday.

Thx!

We may give it a shot on Sunday.

Some advice- dont take the "big bike" down stoopid!

But do give KJ a shout he is a great guide if you can keep him in sight!

the blog