mtbr member
    May 2007

C/S Fri afternoon ride?

Anyone around the Colorado Springs area free to ride tomorrow (Fri) afternoon? I finish up around noon and can be wherever to ride as early as 1. Just hoping to find some ride company for some base building pedal time.

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010
    Hey KJ, what about Saturday? FYI, Columbine is rideable, major ice to buckhorn, section 16 to red rocks is pudding.....

Candlestick Maker
    I'll probably be riding Ute in the afternoon. Nothing too long or fast, maybe an hour or so...
    baker

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Wafoo - Sat I'm doing the group road ride for some speed training. I can MTB in the afternoon, about 2ish. Actually did Buck/Jacks today and it was fun.

Baker - Let me know what time and where you are starting. I can make a good base day of it by pedaling trails and paths there and home again.

mtbr member
    I might be up for UTE in the afternoon, looking for the same thing as Baker maybe 1.5 hours. PM me.
    Id rather wake up in the middle of nowhere then in any city on earth........Steve McQueen

Candlestick Maker
    I should be flexible for the afternoon. But how bout 2pm at the vindicator lot?

I'll be on a silver hardtail 29er
    baker

Thread Terrorist
    How are the conditions at Ute/Palmer? Worth coming down for from Golden?
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

formerly Nomad rdr
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure View Post
    How are the conditions at Ute/Palmer? Worth coming down for from Golden?
    Depends if it stays cold. Rode yesterday at Ute and there are quite a few areas of mud. If the temps stay down Ute is good though.

Candlestick Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn W. View Post
    Depends if it stays cold. Rode yesterday at Ute and there are quite a few areas of mud. If the temps stay down Ute is good though.
    I encountered the same conditions yesterday. It was actually worse yesterday than on Wednesday, probably since it was crazy warm yesterday (64F). Today, the high is "only" supposed to be 50F and a lot of the snow melted the past few days. Hopefully, it'll be decent.

The worst area is when you head over to the top of the big descent that goes by the disc golf course. Funny, I've ridden Ute since '94 and I don't think I know a single trail name...

I would imagine Palmer is probably still a mess. Personally, I wouldn't drive down from Golden to hit up Ute/Palmer in marginal conditions, unless everything near Golden was a mess.
    baker

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    Funny, I've ridden Ute since '94 and I don't think I know a single trail name...
    LOL
    same here, including Palmer, Stratton and Red Rocks. They're just rats nests of social trails that don't have names.

Of course it's more fun that way, especially if you just like to "ride".

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Almost everything is still half snow/mud down here, one section of trail may be great but around the corner it's a mudfest, the trails just aren't drying out. Up north (Air Force Academy) still has snow on the ground in many places and large sections of slick ice.
    Colorado Springs, CO

mtbr member
    My Friday afternoon turned upside down and was not able to ride.
    Id rather wake up in the middle of nowhere then in any city on earth........Steve McQueen

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I'd love to have someone to ride with down here, problem is i'm a bit out of shape since i've been out of a bike for so long so it's going to be a process... But i need to go play with my new toy, if someone is down to go on some not crazy rides...

mtbr member
    Hey Paradox... I'm up for a ride Sat morning somewhere, maybe Palmer Park or Ute Valley? I'm a slowpoke and don't usually do anything too crazy. I'm posting up here to see if any others (Paul, Becca?) wanna tag along. I'm thinking a fairly mellow ride, I haven't ridden much this Winter so I'm a bit out of shape.

What's your new toy by the way, what kind of bike did you get? Post some pics if you have them, we like to see new rides!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Damn, i just now checked this. I'd be town tomorrow (sunday) morning or any time other than monday wednesday or friday really. And i just picked up a 2011 Giant Reign x1 for a sweet deal new. Haven't had a bike in a long time, and my last one was a giant yukon with mechanical disc brakes and suntour forks, so it's a bit of a leap, but i always wanted to do all mountain/freeride kinda stuff, so, I'd post pics, but i need like, 4 more posts before i'm allowed to...

Grams Light Bikes
    The sunny side of TGap is all dry, had a great time on Thur, when it was uber warm

I did it all for the kudo
    Ahh... Some Templeton trail rocky goodness!
    Thanks for sharing, I've almost forgotten what it's like riding during the day.

Team Inflexible
    Very good video quality Pasta. By chance your not using the Hero 2 ???

This video makes me think a Templeton day this weekend is in order.

Grams Light Bikes
    Yes, it's the HERO2 at 720p 60fps. Doing some testing with it, and have a bunch of comparisons against the competition. I had four camera's on my head that day, the HERO2, ReplyXD, Contour+ and DriftHD. It was a really nice day last Thursday, especially compared to today;s lovely 25-30 up in icy Monument.

Candlestick Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by pastajet View Post
    i had four camera's on my head that day
    lol
    baker

Team Inflexible
    Quote Originally Posted by pastajet View Post
    Yes, it's the HERO2 at 720p 60fps. Doing some testing with it, and have a bunch of comparisons against the competition. I had four camera's on my head that day, the HERO2, ReplyXD, Contour+ and DriftHD. It was a really nice day last Thursday, especially compared to today;s lovely 25-30 up in icy Monument.
    I have been thinking about upgrading to the HERO 2. The 960 image quality is not doing it for me any more.

I think I can.

Nice line choice at the end

Usually everyone goes left and around the rocky outcropping, you decided to go over the top and drop back onto the trail, first time I have seen someone clean it, nicely done.

Video quality is pretty darn good as well, any way of posting all 4 videos of the same section to use as a comparison?

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN